The Last Picture Show// part 1

--

The next morning, Hayley stands outside her house, waiting for Issac who was 20 minutes late. She was sure he was going to complain about how his coffee wasn't scorching hot, but it wasn't her fault. He was the one who was late.

Finally he pulls up into her drive way and she gets in. She hands him his coffee, her eyes on her phone as she texts Archie.

"Thanks," Issac's voice is raspy, like he just woke up. Surprised, Hayley looks up to see a tired Issac wrapped up in a huge scarf.

"Why are you wearing a scarf? It's hot as heck outside," she comments with a frown while he takes a sip of the coffee. He pulls back with a grimace. The coffee was cold. He puts in the cup holder and looks up at Hayley to answer her question.

"It's cold to me," he lies, but Hayley doesn't buy it. She leans over and tugs the scarf off, laughing as she sees what he was trying to hide oh so desperately.

"Oh my god," she laughs, "Issac looks like you had fun last night."

On Issac's neck was a huge hickey. Now Hayley knew why he was tired, late and acting weird.

Issac blushes and snatches the scarf back, "Shut up."

"Who was it? Was it the tutor?" Hayley grins.

Issac rolls his eyes, "No. I was the tutor this time, and let's just say she learned more about anatomy than she did about math."

Hayley's eyes widen at his words and she leans back into her seat in laughter.

"I want to know who this girl is," Hayley comments.

Issac rolls his eyes, "Maybe you'll find out if you're lucky."

Hayley laughs and changes the subject, "Did you do the bio work?"

"Don't need to. I've got a football thing today. We're leaving right after homeroom," Isaac sighs in relief, glad that the subject wasn't on his really obvious hickey anymore.

"Hmmm," Hayley nods understandingly before smirking, "So, is it Nicole?"

Issac just groans in response.
--

The first thing Hayley sees when she walks into the journalism room is the disgruntled face of Betty.

"Hayley," Betty greets solemnly, "I have some news."

"Tea?" Hayley raises an eyebrow and grins at Betty, but Betty doesn't react.

"Remember when Archie told us he was the river on July 4th?" Betty questions, already knowing that Hayley was going to answer yes, "Well he wasn't alone. He was there with someone else."