Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!//part 1

Faster, Pussycats! Kill! Kill!// part 1

--

"Archie Andrews," Kevin speaks into the microphone, "What will you be auditioning with today?"

Archie let's out a shaky sigh and makes eye contact with Hayley who nods in encouragement. He then looks back at Kevin.

"An original song I wrote," he speaks, "Called I'll try."

"Try harder!" Reggie speaks up from the back and Hayley rolls her eyes before standing up.

"I was thinking the same thing about you when you were competing for the captain position Reggie!" She yells and Veronica grabs her arm, pulling her down her seat.

"Omg," Veronica face palms, "Hayley, I need you to calm down."

Hayley ignores her and turns her attention back on stage where Archie stands, still shaking due to fear.

"Archie take your time, but we've still got people waiting," Kevin speaks again and Archie nods, gulping as he brings his fingers up to the neck of the guitar. His eyes snap over to Hayley before they drift back up to Reggie and his jerkterage.

"Oh my god," Veronica whispers, "What is happening?"

Hayley's eyes narrow and she looks at the girl who sat behind her as Josie leaned forward with a smirk.

"He's chocking."

"Archie? Clock's ticking."

Archie stands there for another second before shaking his head and rushing out of the auditorium, "Sorry. I gotta go."

Hayley closes her eyes and sighs before getting up and following after him, trying her best to not yell at the group of boys who were cheering and applauding in the back.

When Hayley made her way out of the auditorium, she spotted Archie sitting with Valerie in a secluded corner, the two of them talking.

Archie spots Hayley immediately and stands up, interrupting Valerie in the middle of her sentence. Hayley walks closer and throws her hands around him, enveloping him in a comforting hug.

The two sit down and Hayley greets Valerie with a small smile while Archie starts talking.

"When I was up there, looking out, I don't know. I just froze," he sighs and reaches for Hayley's hand.

"That was stage fright baby," Hayley tells him, "It's normal."

He shakes his head, "Yeah but when I'm on the football field, the stands can be packed- packed and it doesn't affect my game at all."

This time, Valerie speaks up, "Singing makes you vulnerable in a way that football doesn't."

"Or maybe what I was missing out there on stage was my team," Archie proposes and Hayley looks at him confused.