A Touch of Evil// part 4

--

The next morning, everyone is sitting in biology when a couple of cops walk in along with Sheriff Keller and principle Weatherbee. Everyone watches in anticipation. Did they know who the killer was? Is he one of their classmates?

"You're here for me aren't you?" Cheryl stands up, attracting all of the attention in the room, "Because of the autopsy?" She puts her hands out in front of her, ready for the arrest.

"For you," Sheriff Keller hesitates, "And for Hayley Cohen."

Hayley's eyes widen as she shoots up from her seat. Archie from a couple of seats behind her does the same.

"What?" They both exclaim at the same time.

"She had nothing to do with this." Cheryl tries to defend her, but Sheriff Keller shakes his head.

"We can't to do this in front of your classmates, Cheryl. Hayley please come quietly," Principle Weatherbee pleads and Hayley nods, also holding her hands out in front of her. She knew she couldn't fight the cops. Going with them peacefully was probably the best decision.

"It's all right, Principal Weatherbee," Cheryl replies sadly, "They'll find out soon enough."

"Now, that won't be necessary," Sheriff Keller tries to comfort her.

"Wait, Cheryl, find out what?" Veronica finally speaks up with a look of disbelief on her face.

"That we're guilty," Hayley answers for Cheryl, possibly shocking literally everybody in the room.

Sheriff Keller sighs and signals his cops to grab the girls. Hayley avoids making eye contact with anyone, especially Archie, who was still standing up, too shocked to even move. As the cops cuff her, a sense of reality hits. She might actually be going to jail for murdering Jason Blossom. Someone she loved more than anything. Someone who had done more for her than anyone else in her life. She could be going to go to jail wrongfully.

However, as Hayley and Cheryl were being escorted out of the class, Hayley wasn't worried. If anything, she was confused. There was so proof or evidence that she killed Jason. She didn't even know why they arrested her. What could they possibly have against her? She was on a cruise in the Bahamas when Jason was killed. She wasn't even in the same country. Isn't that a solid alibi? That's as solid as an alibi gets. But did all of that really matter?

At this point, Hayley didn't care about herself. She didn't care about her secrets that were so close to being known by everyone. She didn't care about any evidence the school or the police had against her. She didn't care about how if anybody finds out what she's been hiding, or how if anybody knew of her relationship with Jason, they probably wouldn't talk to her ever again. She cared about nothing but finding the killer of her best friend, her brother from another mister, Jason Blossom.

--

--

This is a short chapter because it's the end of episode 2. I hope you guys liked it.

Why do you think the police suspect Hayley? She wasn't anywhere close to riverdale when any of this happened. It all connects hahha. The pictures, the twin, Jason. ;) predict away.

anyway, hope you guys enjoyed this lil chapter. This will be the shortest chapter I make, I promise.

Also, better be proud of me for updating twice today smh.

Until next time folks!!!