WBP|Rain

Chapter Seventeen :Rain

A

part of me felt so dreary since Pony Head said farewell just yesterday and I'd miss her very much. It's been a while since we last hang out together and it was fun.

Finally, after days of trying to make Marco and Pony Head friends, they made the conclusion to just call it a truce.

My eyes shimmered watching wet drops fall down from the clouds. I tugged at Marco's jacket and pointed above the sky with small droplets of water.

"It's rain Star," he says calmly and reaches out his hand to have the droplet land on his palm.

I watched him in awe as I also stuck out my hand and let the cold water douse me.

"Let's  head inside, we'll  get sick," he started walking towards the door. I ignored his words and stayed at the same position too occupied by this wet drops, how does this work and why does this pretty thing exist?

Humans sure are lucky having to experience events like this anytime or anyday.

Lead by curiosity and being experimental, my feet ran in circles, the wet drops tremendrously became bigger and loud and in a spare second my clothes were more wet than before and  like a fool I kept running, loving the feeling of wet drops dripping onto my body.

Un-fun police came out and dragged me inside. "Star what did I tell you about going inside?!" he twitched his eyes in frustration while fussing his hair.

"Marco don't worry, the rain is totally harmless," I smiled reassuringly so that he'll let me go. I really liked the sound and the wet drops fall onto my skin, an event that doesn't occur in my dimmension is awesome.

We stared at silence and I, on the hand, didn't want to speak right away. I knew that if I spoke first it would mean that I obeyed his request and the Star Butterfly I knew gets what she wants and is a rebel.

The rain continued to pour louder as the sound overwhelmed everything else. "Star," he says calmly. "--playing in the rain makes you sick and you'll get a fever."

"What is fever Marco?" I titled my head and sneezed, feeling queasy and droopy due to these cold clothes.

"Get in the bathroom and take a bath!" he instructed fingers pointed to the bathroom, ceasing his forehead and even if I wanted to fight back, I listened and just went into the bathroom.

"Hey I-I don't  have soap and shampoo here," I say embarrased.

"Extra shampoo and soap is found by the blue cabinet, on the 2nd row," he yelled.

"Thanks," I yelled back and opened the cabinet he told me. "I'll bring you some clothes," he says before walking away as his footsteps became silent.

. . . . . .

"Here, these are  my clothes," he threw them at my face looking away and walked towards the living room.

"Hand me that back once you return home. For now dry those clothes," he says and I head to the back door when I hear him yell. "Idiot! Not outisde," I frown.

. . . . .

"Sorry for being a nuisance. Earth has lots of things that I never saw or ever heard of. My curiosity just blew up," I scratched the back of my head looking away due to his piercing gaze.

"If you get a fever, I'll  kill you," he held my shoulders and gave a grim glare before he opened the door, pushing me outside.

Amazing indeed what the day has brought. Marco sure is hot tempered yet so...caring and that's probably why having a name "Safe Boy" explains everything.

JUNE 4,2017