Chapter 22

Decided to update twice today since I reached a 100 followers!!! Thanks guys.

...................................................................

I stood for what felt like forever, but it was really probably ten minutes. I felt like the king was eating slowly on purpose. I mean it doesn't take that long to eat one piece of cake, no matter how good it is. 

I really think he's just trying to piss me off, because I keep seeing him glance out of the corner of his eye to look at me while he's talking to people. Like yeah, asshole I'm still standing here. 

I rolled my eyes after I caught him doing it again. I looked over at Maya to see her smirking at me, with her eyes darting from me to him. I sent her a questioning look and she just smiled and turned her head. 

Whatever. I turned back to look in his direction to see him looking at me fully. "Is there something interesting over there that's more interesting than me? Huh, am I not interesting enough for you?" He asked. Don't get smart Rose, don't get smart. 

I clenched my hands behind my back," No your highness. I was just thinking about how interesting you are eating that piece of cake very slowly. It seems like you are really enjoying it." "Well, that's good. You can go now and do whatever it is you need to be doing." 

After he said that I started to dash out of there but his voice stopped me," Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. I tilted my head to the side in confusion. He chuckled," My plate," he said and pointed to it. "Oh, my apologies."

I went over and grabbed the plate and sprinted away before he could touch me. By the time I made it back to the kitchen, all the other girls were already in there gossiping. "Well, that was interesting," one of them said.

I looked around for Maya and found her sitting on the bar stool i was at. I walked over towards her and sat on the one beside her. "What were you smiling about in there?"

"I wanted you to turn and see that he was looking at you but you did on your own anyway." "Oh ok. So when do we get to eat?" 

"I was wondering when you were going to ask that," she laughed," unfortunately someone has to go ask the king. The chefs here are assholes and only make enough food for the king and his guests," my mouth dropped in shock," yeah, I know complete BS, but it's life I guess." 

"So, we can't just make the food for ourselves?" I asked. "Yes, you just have to ask the king first since it's his house, his kitchen. Either way you're going to have to talk to him." 

"Why don't I believe you then, I feel like your joking." "Believe me or don't, I don't care."

 "Well aren't you hungry?" "Yeah, but I'm too lazy to keep up and ask him, but you can go do it," she said laughing. She put her head down to prove her point. 

"Does anyone want to go ask the king can we make some food?" I asked the group of girls. All of them raised their hands. I heard Maya scoff. "OK, since you all seem eager the one closet to the door can go ask him."

They all rushed towards the door. OK that was a mistake. "You know what? I'll just do it myself." I got up from the stool and headed towards the door. "I bet she just wants to go just so she can flirt with him," I heard one of them say. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

Once again, all eyes were on me so once again I rolled my eyes. I just live for dramatic entrances. When I got over to the king I asked," Can I make something for me and the other sla- I mean servants?"