Chapter 30

I want to give a special thanks to RoseMarieBWWM who helped me write this chapter.

.............................................

My heart beat erratically because I thought it was Cain at the door, but It was only the room service I had ordered. The guy walked in with the cart and then walked out. I closed the door quickly as he left, and was about to eat when there was a knock again.

“Shoot I forgot his tip.” Grabbing five dollars from my wallet I open the door holding the money out. But I drop it trying to quickly shut the door again. Instead of the room service boy it was Cain. I just had to jinx it. Damn. 

I push my back against the door but I wasn’t strong enough. He pushed past me like I wasn’t even putting my all into closing the door. I was. When he entered the room he turned to stare at me. Anger pouring off of him.

For a second I think about running out the door but the look he gives me warns against that. Closing the door I look at him staying close to it. I might need a get away. “W-What are you doing here?"

He shrugged his shoulders," Oh I don’t know just wanted to chill.” He said sarcastically “What the hell do you mean what am I doing here? Why the hell do you think?” He yells then bares he teeth at me.

I placed my hands on my hips. “Ok you need to chill I'm the one who should be mad not you. I heard what you said to Ian in the hallway earlier. About how gullible I am and how Jahaan is dead."

He nodded his head and turned away from me,"So you decided to leave? The good it did you, because here we are face to fucking face TALKING you know like we should have done BEFORE you ran off.”

"Yes, I decided to run what sane person wouldn't ? After what I heard you and your brother discuss I didn’t trust you anymore. Still don’t. Who knows what you would have done to me if I stayed?"

He walked closer to me. He stopped when I flinched,"So instead of coming to me and talking about it, you decided to run away. After I told you I'd handle things." He slowly inched closer," What do you think I would've done to you? Huh? Rape you? Kill you? Sell you? What Rose?"

"Well actually I didn't think any of those things, until now. So thanks a lot Cain for getting those thoughts in my head. But like I said I don’t trust you. Your brother has lied to me why wouldn’t you? Did you expect me to be happy at hearing you talking crap about me and hearing you joke about my only friend’s death?”

He rolled his eyes at my sarcasm and inched even close to me. "Don't come any closer," I said raising my hands up,"stay over there."

He stopped but didn’t move back. “You're coming back to the castle with me Rose."

I shook my head," No I'm not. What's there for me? I was there because I thought I was protecting Jahaan but he's dead now.” I choke out. Missing my friend, "Why would I go to the place that houses the person who killed him? Not only that but since he's dead the only person I need to protect is myself."

"I'm sorry about your friend I will avenge him for you but as to what's  there for you? Me! I'm at the castle which is where you need to be. I know you heard my conversation with my brother, and I wanted you to. Your not as sneaky as you think. I got the information out of him and I didn't want to have to tell you myself about Jahaan. I'll deal with my brother when we get back.” 

I thought about it. “How do I know you aren't lying to me?”

He looked me in the eyes and something flashed there. For a second he looked vulnerable. “I would never lie to you Rose. I really do care about you. More than you know.”