Chapter 508 - I'll Take Revenge for You

Chapter 508 – I'll Take Revenge for You

The entire scene was completely silent. No one dared breathe out loudly, as when they recalled what happened just a moment ago, a feeling of horror would surge up in their minds. It was frightening, extremely frightening.

All four major powers had suffered greatly today. When they were fighting for the treasure not long before this, many of their geniuses had been killed or wounded. Now, even two Fourth Grade Combat Kings had fallen, while Tu Ran and Ling Yi who had just escaped were severely injured. One had lost his arm, and the other had lost his leg. With the injuries caused by the Fudo Seal and Heavenly Saint Sword, even though they managed to stay alive, their cultivation bases would be greatly affected in the future.

"To all misters here, since you're all still here, do you want this poor monk to set your souls free from purgatory?"

The monk turned around. Hearing what he said, all the bystanders instantly fled in all direction, each faster than the other. In just the blink of an eye, everyone had disappeared from the scene. Damn it, who would dare accept the way that monk set their souls free from purgatory?

After a moment of chaos, peace had once again returned to these desolate islands. The monk's eyes finally landed upon Jiang Chen's face. When he sensed Jiang Chen's real cultivation base, he was incredibly shocked. Although he was busy absorbing the sarira, he was still aware of everything going on in the outside world; how Jiang Chen fought Ling Yi, how Ye Wuyou was killed by Jiang Chen; he knew everything.

Even though the monk was a prideful man, he had to admit that Jiang Chen was the biggest genius he had ever seen. Although the monk could also kill those Fourth Grade Combat King geniuses, he himself was also a Fourth Grade Combat King. However, Jiang Chen was just a mere First Grade Combat King. If Jiang Chen was a Fourth Grade like him, perhaps he would be able to kill those Sixth Grade, or even Seventh Grade Combat Kings.

"Amitabha!"

The monk arrived in front of Jiang Chen. With a serious expression he said, "Mister, thank you for helping me. This poor monk is really grateful for the kindness you have shown."

The monk said with utmost sincerity. He was well aware of the situation. It was an extremely dangerous situation for him, and if Jiang Chen hadn't stood out to help him, he would have had to face devastating consequences.

"It looks like you have partly absorbed the sarira, bringing you to the Fourth Grade Combat King realm. Congratulations."

Jiang Chen said with a smile on his face.

"You know about sariras?"

The monk felt surprised. The Buddhist Sect of the Western Region rarely interacted with other major regions, and they were decaying with each passing day. Ordinary eminent monks could never leave behind a sarira, so aside from this from the Buddhist Sect, no ordinary men could recognize a sarira. Although there were many geniuses from the four major powers who were fighting for this relic, they only thought it was a rare treasure, and none of them were able to recognize what it was. However, this young man had told him the name of this 'treasure', surprising the monk.

"A long time ago, I received some guidance from a patriarch of the Buddhist Sect, so I do have some kind of connection with Buddhism, which allowed me to recognize this sarira. It's a sarira from a Third Grade Minor Saint, and it will no doubt bring you tremendous benefits. With just this sarira alone, you'll have the possibility of breaking through to the Combat Emperor realm. Of course, it will take you some time, however, the benefits this sarira brings you is far beyond this. You're cultivating orthodox Buddhist skills, and your body possesses the source of Buddhism, and this sarira will make that become even purer; improving your potential from your very roots. It is a marvelous treasure with endless benefits."