Chapter 1

Your POV
You had just arrived at the little cafe you work at. You had been working there just over 2 months and you hated it, it was always quiet.

It was just you and the owner that worked there, you were obviously the only waitress. You've had many other jobs but they've all unfortunately ended in you being let go.

Should probably mention that you're 23 years old and you have (h/l) (h/c) hair. You have (e/c) eyes and you're relatively small.

You were cleaning the tables when a man walks in. You look over to see a somewhat green man. He has dark greasy hair and a strong smell of alcohol is wafting off him.

"Good morning sir how may I help" you ask with a forced smile. He looked over at you with a dirty smirk plastered on his face. This gave you a proper chance to scan his features.

"You will do just fine" he said in a raspy voice. It didn't really surprise you. "I'll do just fine what you you mean?" You questioned. "You see I. Murdoc Niccals. I'm sure you've heard of me, am looking for a maid" he eyed you up and down before carrying on. "And you are perfect. Exactly what I'm looking for".

He had a devilish grin on his face now. You had no idea how to react. "I'm sorry but I have no intention of becoming a maid, I actually have a job if you couldn't tell" you informed. You added a hint of sass with your response which seemed to upset him.

"Come on now love, don't be like this" he walked closer to you as you backed up as far as you could. Within seconds he was up in your face. You took a closer look at him and inspected him.

"Are you checking me out?" He smirked for the millionth time. It made you feel a little sick. "Absolutely not. I think you should leave please sir". "Murdoc, that's my name you've heard of me right?".

"No I haven't listen sir-" he cut you off. "You haven't heard of me? Well I'm an incredibly talented bass player for my band Gorillaz, surely you've heard that?" His tone reflected his anger and desperation.

"Sorry, listen I don't know your band and I don't want this maid gig. Find someone else" you shouted. This only angered him. He slammed his hands on the wall either side of your head and leaned even closer.

You could hear and smell every single breath he took. "I'll pay ya more than you get here". He offered. You were thinking seriously about the offer.

You were also beginning to think about how crazy you were to be taking this strangers offer so seriously.

After a few minutes of hard thinking you answered him. "Why not" you shrugged. Your parents always taught you to take chances because you never know if one could change your life. So that's what you're doing taking a chance.

"Wait really?" He asked a bit shocked. "Yeah" you smiled back. "Great me geep's outside lets go now" he demanded. "Not so fast I need to talk with my boss first" you informed.

He sighed and slumped into a chair. "What are you doing?" You asked. "Waiting for you now hurry up" he folded his arms and glared at you. You quickly ran into the owners office to talk over leaving.

You walked out after an awkward chat with the owner. He'd been your friend for a few years and he thankfully understood why you were leaving.

You walked over to this Murdoc guy. "Okay I'm ready" you said as anxiety started to fill your entire body. "Great, oh and love,  you're going to be staying with us from now on" he grinned.

"Us?" You questioned. "My band" he sighed. "What about my clothes and things?" you asked. "You're going to be wearing a uniform you're not going to need normal clothes" he sounded too excited by that.