Stop it Lucas.

I wake to the screeches of my alarm.

Damn it. School.

I pull the covers off my bare legs and curl my legs on to the hard wood floor. I slowly make my way to my drawers and pull out my clothes for today, which consists of a long-sleeved white top and a pair of denim short shorts. I have a shower and pull my hair up into a messy bun. I make my way downstairs and have breakfast. My usual of Nutella on toast slides into my stomach and makes me grin. I drink a glass of orange juice and slide on my plain black vans. I shout a 'goodbye mum' then realise that it's her shift at the hospital and only receive the echoes of my voice through the empty house in reply. I grab my bag and head out the door. I lock it and make my way down the path from my house to the pavement.

As I walk past the new neighbours house, I hear my name being called. I stop and turn to see Mary-Anne smiling at me. She hurries over and stands in front of me.

"Hey Mary-Anne" I say. "What can I do for you?"

"Umm.. I was wondering if you could show Lucas the way to school?" She asks, then smiles.

I wish I could've said no, but she was such a sweet lady that I found myself accepting.

"Sure" I say in reply.

"Great, I'll just go get him" She says then hurries into the house.

Isabel, you idiot. You said you were going to avoid him. My mind accuses.

I knew I should've said no, so I didn't have to deal with the fact that Lucas made me nervous just by being in his presence, but his mum is too sweet to refuse.

"Goodbye Sweety" I hear Mary-Anne call.

I turn around to find Lucas walking towards me, wearing a loose white shirt with a pattern on the front, denim shorts and plain blue vans. He looked hot. Oh god.

"Hey, Isabel" He says with his overly attractive voice.

OMG the way he says my name. Guh!

You're pathetic.

I know.

"Hey" I reply shyly and start to walk in the direction of school.

There's an awkward silence as we walk along the pavement. The summer breeze makes its way past Lucas towards me and I can smell his cologne. Aah! It smells so good.

"You look nice today" He offers, kindly.

"Thanks" I reply with a blush. "So, how are you liking Milsworth?"

"Umm.." He says "It's very small?"

"You don't like it?"

"No, it's great. Just a big difference from where I came from" He replies with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Where did you come from?" I ask, hoping I can find the reason for the sad look in his eyes.

"Lambridge" He replies.

I stop in front of the school.

"We're here" I say, trying to sound enthusiastic.

I walk him to the front office.

"Thanks for showing me the way Isabel" He says.

"You're welcome" I reply. "Bye!"

I walk away and leave him at the front office. I find Lilly looking at me with a smirk. I approach her and she folds her arms across her chest.

"Who was that?" She asks curiously, with her prying eyes looking at my face.

"Just the new neighbour." I try to sound casual.

"He's hot"

"Really? Didn't notice" I lie.

The bell rings saving me from Lilly's prying gaze. We walk to our first class. Can't wait till lunchtime I think, and a smile appears on my face.