Mmm.

We reach my front door in a matter of minutes, I drag him through by the hand and pull him towards the smell coming from the kitchen. I see mum standing in the kitchen, and when we walk in she looks up.

"Hello Lucas." She smiles. "Good to see you again."

Lucas lets go of my hand.

"Hey Mrs Thomson." he replies and smiles nervously.

"Please, call me Lindsey." My mum says.

"Ok. Thanks for allowing me to come tonight." Lucas says politely.

"Oh anytime. I know how much Isabel enjoys your company." she looks over to me and winks.

Guh! "Mum." I say moaning.

Lucas laughs.

"So, what's for dinner Mum?" I change the subject, blushing.

"Lasagna." she replies, still smirking.

"Yum, my favourite." Lucas states.

"We're going up to my room." I say pulling Lucas' hand until he follows.

"Ill call when dinner is ready." she yells. "Oh and use protection!"

OMG! did my mother just say that.

I blush. "Omg." I say.

"I like your mum, she's funny." Lucas laughs.

I smack him on the shoulder.

"Don't encourage her." I mutter.

We finally reach my room and I walk in first with Lucas close behind.

"So why did you drag me to your lair?" Lucas laughs.

"To get away from my embarrassing mother." I moan, annoyed.

"Don't be embarrassed." he says, pulling me to sit beside him on my bed. "At least your close with your parents." he tacks on the end quietly.

I look over at his face to see it turn into a mask of grief and regret. I turn his head to face mine.

"Lucas, you know you can tell me anything." I say making sure he knows I'm there for him.

He nods.

"Well it's ever since Isaac died, I feel they have been pressuring me to be something I'm not. They want me to be like Isaac. Isaac always had the top marks, the medals for being best all round player in every sports, he was the class captain, the sports captain. I feel that they aren't happy with me." he looks down at his hands, which are gripped together tightly.

I place my hands on top of his and pry them apart to wrap my miniature hands around his. He smiles slightly.

"You may not be their perfect child, who gets gold stars and aces every test, but your pretty perfect to me. You have taught me to love again Lucas Tatem, and I love you." I look straight into his eyes and remember the first day I saw them.

It's amazing how in a matter of days I have grown to adore someone so much.

He smiles, not just any smile,but the most broad, genuine smile I've even seen on his perfect face.

"I love you too Isabel." he finally says.

He stands up and pulls me with him. He hugs me not too tight but not too lose either. He lifts me off my feet and buries his head in my long blonde hair, I can feel his breath on my neck, I like it. I wrap my arms under his and around his broad back, I hug him tightly, not wanting to let him go. We stay attached to each other.

"Dinners ready!" we here my mother call from the kitchen.

We slightly pull away from each other, still smiling like idiots. I kiss him lightly on the lips only for a few seconds then unwrap myself from him.

"Come on. You know I love food." I laugh.

"Yep. Probably more then me." He laughs his extremely sexy laugh.

"Yea probably" I agree, and pull him to the stairs before he can react.

I smell the food before I see it, it smells delicious.

"Yum." Lucas speaks my mind.

We walk into the kitchen and sit at the small four person table. Lucas and I sat next to each other, with mum in front of both of us.

"This looks delicious Mrs Thomson." Lucas says.

"Lindsey, and thank you Lucas." she smiles.

"Yea mum this is great." I mumble, whilst stuffing food into my mouth.

We eat in silence until we're done.

"So Lucas, how old are you? if you don't mind me asking." she smiles.

"I'm Seventeen, same as Isabel." he replies.

"Oh that's great. When's your birthday?" she asks.

"June 16th." he replies.

June the Sixteenth. Save to memory.

"So your four months older then Isabel." She answers.

I give her an annoyed look, abating her to leave him alone.

"So are you two planning on going to the school dance?" she asks another question.

Oh crap! I forgot about that.

"Didn't even know there was one." Lucas states honestly.

"Mum. You know heels, dresses and make-up aren't my thing." I say obviously.

"You have to go to at least one Isabel."

I ignore her and get up from my seat and take our plates to the sink. Lucas follows me.

"It's late." Lucas states.

"Ill walk you home." I say.

We walk out the door and towards his house. A few meters before reaching his front door, Lucas turns on me.

"Isabel." He says.

"Yeah.?"

"Will you go to the dance with me?"he asks, looking at my face for the reaction.

"Umm.." I don't know what to say. "Well I said I don't really like that sort of thing, but going with you, that's a different story. I'd love to go with you on one condition. You always stay with me because I'm terrified of the whole 'socialising' thing." I answer looking at him.

He smiles.

"Deal." he says and pulls me into a hug , then he kisses me softly.

"Goodnight Isabel." he says.

"Goodnight Lucas."

"Ill see you here tomorrow?" he points to the pavement under his feet.

"Of course." I smile.

"Bye" he says and walks away.

I walk home and go straight to my bed.