Mum.

It's 9:00.

I push myself out of bed and head towards my mothers room. I open her door and walk into her red room. I crawl onto her king size bed and snuggle up beside her. She wraps her arm around me and we sit there cuddled for awhile.

You could say my mum and I are close. Considering I barely see her, she still is the only person who knows everything about me, more than Lilly. I tell her everything, from boys to school dramas. She understands me and I understand her, we're like sisters and have been through everything together. We have been strong for each other, especially with my father leaving us when I was only young.

"Good morning Isabel." She whisper into my hair.

"Good morning mum" I reply pulling away and looking at her, I smile like a fool.

"Why are you so happy?" She questions with a confused look.

"Umm.." I mumble.

"Spit it out."

"There's this boy..." I begin then get rudely interrupted by my mothers high pitched squeals.

"Tell me everything." She finally spits out.

She's just as bad as a teenager.

I end up telling her everything. From the day we first met to to the last time we talked. She occasionally squeals and constantly grins.

"Omg" she finally responds after I'm finished.

"I know."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" she gives me a glimpse of her 'motherly' tone.

"You've been working a lot lately." I shrug.

"When are you seeing him next?" she asks.

"Umm... Well. I was thinking he could come for dinner tonight?"

"Of course!" She screams, almost making me deaf.

"Ok." I smile, she smiles.

"You really like him, don't you?" she questions.

"Yeah." I say sheepishly.

"Aww.. Young love. I remember the days..." She begins.

"Mum" I moan, then laugh.

I jump off her bed.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask, staring down at her.

"I was thinking we could watch movies and eat ice cream until we feel sick." She answers smiling.

Oh how I love her.