It's Friday

My eyes open to a stream of light in my face. Guh! I left the curtains open. I sit up, squinting and grab my phone. It's 7:00 am, so I roll out of my covers and head to the bathroom. I soak in the shower and once i'm out I untangle my long hair with a brush.

It's Friday. A broad smile creeps onto my face as I head to my drawers. I pull out some light denim shorts and a loose blue top and change. I grab my bag and head downstairs to the smell of bacon. Yum.

The smell gets stronger once I reach the kitchen, I see my mother flipping some bacon over in a pan, alongside some eggs. I hear the toaster pop and collect some toast. I give my mother a kiss on the cheek as she serves me some bacon and eggs. I sit at the counter and dig in, smiling. Mum sits next to me and does the same. We eat silently and once we are both finished I do the dishes and put my shoes on.

"Love you mum!" I shout walking to the door.

"Love you too hun! see you tonight." She calls back.

I walk out the door and feel the lingering summer breeze blow pass my bare legs. My hair blows in my face as I walk towards the beginning of Lucas' driveway. Once there I wait at his letter box. I glance at my phone to see I am on time. I hear footsteps approach and I turn around.

Lucas.

He's there walking towards me in all his perfection. He's wearing a plain light green shirt with striped shorts underneath, he looks casual but stunning. His eyes look up to mine and he smiles, I do the same. When he reaches me, he lifts me up into a big bear hug and spins me around, I giggle flying through the air. He puts me down reluctantly and grabs my hand to pull me along beside him.

"Hi" he whispers.

"Hey" I manage to say, still recovering from the hug.

"It's Friday" he smiles.

"I know."

"What are you doing this weekend?" he asks and glances over to look at my face.

"Umm..." I think. "Nothing."

"I'm going to take you somewhere." He says.

"Where?" I ask.

"I haven't figured that out yet." He smiles towards me.

"Okay. How 'bout I take you somewhere, considering I know this place like the back of my hand."

"Ok" he replies and releases my hand so he can wrap his arm around my back.

I do the same, and receive a smile in return.

"It's a date." He whispers in my ear making my whole body tingle.

We continue to walk moulded together the whole way, making me smile like an idiot. We reach the school eventually and walk through the big double doors, still connected. We receive a few glances our way, but not as bad as what I would've thought.

He leads me to his locker and finally releases me so he can grab his books. I just stare at him as he does so. He finally turns back to me.

"So, where are you going to take me?" He asks.

"It's a secret." I reply.

"Dammit." He replies.

The bell rings and he kisses my cheek making me blush.

"Can't wait to find out!" he calls over his shoulder as he walks away.

I stand there still stunned from the kiss he just gave me. I eventually find my legs and head towards my first class of the day.