Eww Shopping.

The week goes on much the same everyday and now it's Saturday. I've been dreading this day all week, dress shopping.

I drag myself out of the bliss of my bed and get changed into a presentable outfit, which consists of some genie pants , a long-sleeved shirt and my black converse. I let my hair fall against my back and brush it, not bothering to tie it up. I make my bed and look at my phone. Two new messages.

Lucas: Good Morning beautiful. Have fun today;)

He knows how much I'm going to hate this. I read the other one.

Lilly: Ill be there at Ten :D

Lilly offered to come with me to give her opinion on the dresses I will try on. My plan is to grab one, make sure it fits, then buy it, however I know that wont be possible with Lilly coming.

I moan and text Lucas back, not bothering texting Lilly.

Me: Im regretting inviting Lilly to come. -.-

It sends and I make my way downstairs. I make myself some Nutella toast to comfort me for what's ahead. I eat it and make my way back upstairs to brush my teeth. I glance at the time on my phone, it's 8:58. Just as I finish getting my handbag, I hear the doorbell ring. I walk downstairs and open the front door.

A smiling Lilly embraces me in a hug.

"Hey Isabel. Ready for some retail therapy?" she questions, raising her eyebrows.

"Sure." I moan.

I walk out the front door and lock it because mum is working. I jump in the passenger seat of Lilly's car and once in she turns the car on and drives towards our destination, which is unfortunately the mall.

It takes a short time of Ten minutes to reach our destination and once inside the huge building, Lilly drags me to her favourite dress shop. I walk in and look around, not looking for anything in particular. I hear Lilly talking to the shop assistant and once she's finished she drags me away from the mass of dresses to the changing rooms.

"Wait here." She demands.

I stand awkwardly until Lilly comes back with a huge pile of dresses, I grimace.

"Try these on and show me when you've finished putting one on." She says whilst pushing me into an empty change room.

I hesitantly undress until I'm only in my strapless bra and undies. I pick the dress on the top of the pile and chuck it on and walk out, not even bothering to look at myself.

"I don't like it." Lilly says, getting straight to the point and turns me back around into the change room again.

I try on the next one. another no.

I try three more and get the same reaction from Lilly. Reaching the end of the stack, there's only one dress left, it's purple. I put it one and walk out.

I hear a gasp, and realise its coming from Lilly. I look down self consciously hoping no one can see my underwear, nope fully clothed.

"What?" I finally ask, curious.

"That's the one." she gasps out.

She grabs me and pulls me in front of a tall mirror.

OMG. I look hot. The dress is light purple almost blue and flows to the ground. It is strapless and fits perfectly to my upper body and hangs loosely from the bottom of my rib cage all the way down to my feet. It flows as I turn to the side, it's simple and elegant, I like it.

"This is the one." I say quietly.

I hear Lilly's squeals.

"Go get changed, it's my turn now." she says excitedly.

I do as she says and come out of the changing rooms with all the 'no' dresses, separating the one I'm going to buy and placing it on a chair next to the changing rooms. I don't see Lilly so she must be picking her own dresses. Confirming my suspicions, I see Lilly approach with a Mt.Everest of dresses in her straining arms. She goes into a changing room.

Whist waiting I text Lucas.

Me: Found the perfect dress:) What are you doing?

He replies instantly.

Him: Homework :/

Me: :(

Lilly makes me look at her. I shake my head at the bright yellow dress. She goes back in.

Him: Can't wait to see you in your dress. When can I see it?

Me: Umm... The night of the dance :)

Him: can I at least know what colour it is?

Me: Fine. It's light purple almost blue... Hard to explain.

Him: I like purple and blue:)

Lilly comes out with another dress, this one light blue with poofy sleeves.

"No way". I say in disgust, then laugh.

She laughs as well, then walks back into the change room.

Me: :)

Him: -.- I'm bored.

Me: same.

Lilly comes out. She's wearing a dark purple strapless dress with sparkles on the bodice.

"Yes." I say.

"Agreed." she replies.

She goes back in and comes out in her normal clothes. We pay for our dresses and go have lunch. I have a greasy burger and fries, whilst Lilly goes for a plate of Butter Chicken. We smile while we eat.

We head home after lunch and Lilly drops me off. I walk in the door and go to my room, dress in hand.

I put the dress in the closet and text Lucas.

Me: You want to come over?

Him: Coming.