Fighting with myself

I skip up the steps and open the front door. The house is empty. Mum is working at the hospital, so i'll have to make my own dinner. I drop my bag on the ground beside the kitchen bench and get started with my dinner. I decide to make myself mac and cheese. Once it's done and when I've finished eating it I go upstairs to my bedroom.

I chuck my bag in the corner and lie on my huge double bed, then stare at the ceiling.

Lucas.

That's all I can think about.

Idiot.

I know, but he's just so good looking and he's also nice. I thought he was a jerk, but he's not and I think I....

No you don't

But I think I do.

No

Yes

No

I do! I like him.

You're such a hypocrite.

Yeah, I'm just the same as all the love hungry teenagers.

Don't let him hurt you

That's the problem. What if he does hurt me and ends up just being another one of 'those' guys.

I get off my bed and stare out the window towards his house next door.

I continue to stare, then I see the curtains of the opposite window move, then it opens. There he is staring at me.

OMG I must look creepy. I start to blush.

He walks away from the window smiling. He goes looking for something and then comes back with a pen and paper. He scribbles on it and places it against the window.

It reads: You look cute when you blush :)

Then underneath it says text me with his number scrawled messily across the bottom.

I grab my phone and write his contact in, then text him.

Me: I'm so creepy.

Him: You're cute.

I blush even more.

Me: Stop saying that

Him: But it's true

I look up at him and see him smiling a genuine smile, I smile back.

I move away from the window and lie on my bed. We continue to message, then I start to yawn. I look at the time to see its eleven o'clock. I send him one last message.

Me: Goodnight Lucas.

Him: goodnight Isabel, see you tomorrow.

I smile at his reply, then have a shower and get into my PJs which consists of a hoodie and some loose shorts. I braid my hair into a French braid and crawl into the covers of my massive bed.

I fall asleep with thoughts of Lucas in my head.