A walk before dinner

Three movies later and one tub of ice cream finished, I finally peel myself away from the comfortable couch. I look at the time on my phone.

"It's 4:30" I say to mum who's still sprawled on the couch.

She moans in reply and closes her eyes.

"Just remember Lucas is coming for dinner." I remind her.

She moans louder in response.

I leave her and walk up to my room. I decide to have a shower. After showering I pull on a pair of light washed jeans and a loose dark-green top and comb my hair with my fingers into a messy bun. Once finally out of the bathroom I make my bed and open my window, letting some fresh air ventilate through my warm room. I text Lucas.

Me: What are you up to at the moment?

The message only just sent, then there's a reply. He must be bored.

Him: Lying on my bed staring at the ceiling. You?

Me: Staring across at your empty window :(

I hear feet touch wood, then I see his face. He opens his window.

"Hey cutie" He shouts.

"No need to shout." I reply, smiling.

"Sorry. Hey cutie." He says in a normal voice.

"Hey poo." I answer with a smirk.

He gives me a sad face, then ruins it by laughing.

"Where's your mum?" he asks.

"Probably asleep right now on the couch." I reply.

"Oh."

"Hey poo?" I ask cheekily.

"Yea cutie"

"Do you want to go for a walk with me?" I ask and look at his face.

He smiles.

"Of course." He answers, walking to his door.

I walk out of my room and down the stairs. I find mum sleeping, so I leave her a note telling her where I am. I slip on my black vans and walk out the door.

As soon as my feet make the pavement in front of Lucas' house, I'm swept into the air and swung around in circles. Once finally released my eyes search the grinning face of my boyfriend. I smack him lightly.

"Ow." he moans, grabbing his arm pathetically.

I walk past him and head down the path. I don't get far before he's pulling at my waist, dragging me back into his chest. I feel his breaths against my head and smile. He turns me around to face him, then pushes his lips against mine gently. After a few seconds he pulls away, much to my disappointment and grabs my hand in his. I stare down at them, marvelling at the perfect synchronisation of two different hands moulded into one.

He pulls me out of my daze and stares me down the pavement.

"How are you Isabel?" He asks politely. The perfect gentleman.

"Well after a tub of ice cream and three extremely emotional movies I feel pretty great." I laugh. "How are you Lucas?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"I'm marvellous." he responds, then looks down at me. "A hundred times as happy now here with you." he tacks on the end.

"Aww... How cheesy." I laugh and remove my hand from his and place it around his muscular back.

"It's all for you my love." he adds in a ancient tone, laughing.

I laugh. He wraps his his hand around my shoulders pulling me closer.

We walk until we reach the playground.

This time it's him dragging me behind him towards the playground. He drags me to the swings and hops on one, I hop on the other. We swing side by side.

"I really like this playground." Lucas states.

"Yeah it's great, I guess." not sure where he's going with his statement.

"I really like it because the first time I lay my eyes on it was when I was with you. Then when you pulled me towards it and showed me the magnificence of the sunset, it made me realise the feelings I have for you." He looks over towards me.

"The power of a playground." I reply, staring of towards the tower where we sat and watched the sun disappear that afternoon.

I look back towards Lucas and find him staring back at me.

"You're beautiful." He whispers.

"Thanks." I blush, never knowing what to say when someone compliments you.

He hops off his swing and offers me his hand, I take it, obviously. He pulls me up until we are facing each other with only a few inches between us. We just stand there mixing our breaths.

Then I kiss him. Not wanting to wait any longer. He's surprised at first then kisses me back, making me electrify inside. I pull away but leave my nose touching the tip of his, I'm smiling and so is he.

I start to giggle as the electricity pulses through my body.

"What?" he asks, making his breath blow on my face.

"Oh nothing... Just laughing at how my bodies coping with you in such a close vicinity. Every time a part of your skin touches mine a weird feeling, like electricity, pulses through my body, and as that happens my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest." I reply honestly and look away embarrassed.

"I'm feeling the exact same thing." He places his hand under my chin and makes me stare up into his eyes.

He gives me another kiss, but this time a soft, gentle one that only lasts a second.

My phone buzzes, pulling us out of our fantasy. I pull my phone out of my pocket.

Mum: Dinners nearly ready. x

I show the text to Lucas.

Me: We're coming. Be there in five minutes.

I put my phone away and place my hand in Lucas'

"Time for you to meet my mum." I say, dragging him in the direction of our houses.

He looks at me with worried eyes.

"Don't worry Lucas, she loves you already."

"Does she know about..." he points his finger in his direction then in mine.

I nod. "Of course she does."

After that we walk home in silence. Lucas seems nervous, it's cute.