Twentyone- Talk

Ana

I rest back and lean against the couch. I hold one of the pillows against my body and use it for comfort. I put in my headphones, turn on 'The Cello Song' by The Piano guys, close my eyes and try to relax. I'm through most of my playlist from them when I feel someone looking at me. My eyes flutter open to see Avi standing in front of me. I take out my headphones and pause my song.

"Will you come to my office. I want to talk." He says
"Just me and you right?"
He nods "Just me and you."

He helps me up and I follow him to his office. Just like he said, it's only me and him. He motions to the couch and I sit. I move over so there is enough room for him to sit down next to me.

"Are you okay?"
"Just peachy." I say sarcastically
"Sorry about Scott, he can be uh, what's the word?"
"I can think of a lot of words. Many of them, I'm sure you wouldn't want me to say."
"Hey don't be like that, come one now." He pleads, he wraps one of his arms around my shoulders but I don't stop him. "Scott really is a good guy. He just, can be a little pushy sometimes."
"A little?" I question "Try a lot."
He chuckles a bit "Yeah, he can be like that sometimes."
I lean into his arm some and he hugs me closer. "I don't want Kirstin to know. I don't think she can handle it just yet, or at all." I mumble
"I don't know how you can handle it, you're just a kid." He looks at me with sympathetic eyes but I don't turn to him.
"It's what I'm used to. I told you 'this' is new to me, not that." I say
"Princess, you shouldn't have ever had any of that happen to you. It's absolutely horrible."
"I-I didn't want to tell them, but I didn't want them mad at me either." I say, a tear rolls down my cheek and he wipes it away. "I don't like to make people upset. Bad things happen when people are upset."
"None of us would ever hurt you. We don't want you afraid of us. All of us, we want for you to trust us like you trust Kirstin."

I'm quiet with only a few sniffles escaping me. "Avi,"
"Yes princess?"
"I want to trust you, it's just hard." I whisper
"I know,"
"I trust you more than them. You-you make me feel..."
"What princess?" He ask kid of frantically
"Safe." I say, more tears roll down my face and I can't stop them. "I haven't felt safe in a long time." I cry, he brings me onto his lap and I curl into his chest. My tears soak his shirt but he doesn't stop me. I don't know why I choose now to let all me emotions out, I just do.
"Shhh, I'm here princess. You're safe with me. Nothing can hurt you, alright?" He says calmingly, I nod and try to stop crying.
He takes my hand in his and rubs small circles on the back of my palm with the pad of his thumb. It's really relaxing. Eventually I am able to cease my seemingly endless flow of tears. I lay in his lap with my head against his chest, listening to his slow, steady heartbeat. I could sit like this all day.

"I like this." I whisper into his chest
"What, cuddling?"
"Yeah, I never get to do it with anyone else other than Kirstin." I say
"I like it too princess." He says with a smile, he pokes my tummy which makes me giggle.
"Are you ticklish?" He jokes with a big grin, my face blushes and he does it again.

I jump slightly and giggle again. He starts tickling me with one hand and holds me in place with the other. I turn into fits of laughter and giggles in his arms. He finally lets me take a break, I lay there trying to catch my breath. He boops my nose and I do it back to him with a smile.

I lay my head back on his chest and let the silence take over. It's a comfortable silence that feels like everything is being said, even though nothing is. I start to doze off and a yawn escapes my lips.
"Tired princess?"
"Sorry, crying makes me tired." I yawn again.
"Go to sleep, it's alright. I don't have any more patients, so I can stay here until you go home."

He pulls me closer and I nestle into him. The heat radiating off his body warms my cold one. I slowly start to feel my eyes shut as he rubs my hand.