Fourth of July Special

(Note this has nothing to do with the actual story)

CRINGE ALERT THIS WILL BE CRINGEY

Your POV

I woke up laying face down in a pile of paper with smeared ink all over them. I audibly groaned and hesitantly got up to go to the bathroom. On my way out I looked in the mirror and I gasped when I saw that all the ink from my papers had smeared over my face while I slept. I went to wash it off but I was interrupted by a loud pounding on my door. I tried to ignore thinking it was just mail, but the knocking continued persistently. I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket as the knocking stopped for the moment. I pulled my phone out to see a text from my neighbor, Marcus. 

"Hey, I'm at your door, I look a little weird standing here, could ya open up if you get the chance?"

The text said. I quickly replied and ran to the door. You see, Marcus has been my neighbor for a few years as well as his brother Martinus. Over the years my family has gotten closer with his, I can't say I haven't developed feelings for him because that'd be a lie. But I don't exactly have time for relationships right now so I've tried to put those feelings aside. Sadly, life doesn't work that way. 

With my luck I slipped on the way to the door. 

"Damn socks." I muttered as I rubbed my head. 

I jumped up and brushed myself off. I quickly opened the door to see a smiling Marcus. He looked at my face and he instantly busted out laughing, he fell on the floor as his face turned red. I felt a red shade cover my face as I suddenly remembered what I was about to do before i answered the door. I looked to a mirror I kept near my front door, and I felt a little bit of myself die when I saw a lot and I mean a lot of smear marks on my face from the pen I was writing with the previous night. I wanted to curl up and die right there. I ran to the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I quickly washed my face off and this time I checked to make sure it was all off before going back out. I was soon faced with a still slightly red faced Marcus. I sat down and made a pouty face. Marcus looked over and smirked.

"Aw come on, don't be like that." Marcus said as he got closer. 

I blushed and attempted to change the subject.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked while backing away.

"Oh! That's right! I came here to invite you to come over to our house since it's the fourth of July." Marcus said as he smiled. 

"Ah I see, well I guess I could. Let me just get changed real quick." I said as I ran into my room. 

Marcus POV

I watched (Y/n) run into her room to get dressed and the blush I had been holding back crept onto my face. I can't believe I'm doing this. Tonight I confess my feelings for (Y/n), I know it sounds cringey, but I wanted it to be special. I quickly recomposed myself as I heard (Y/n) coming. she was wearing a black tank top and some jean shorts. I tried not to blush as she did a little pose. 

"Well, let's head over to your place!" (Y/n) said enthusiastically. She told her parents where she was going and we raced over to my place, I just hope everything goes okay tonight. 

Your POV

We ran over to Marcus's house and I won. I jumped on his back in victory and made him carry me into the house. I hopped off his back once I saw his brother and went over to give him a hug because it had been a long time since I had seen him. 

"HEY MAN HOW'VE YOU BEEN?!" I screamed as I tackled Martinus to the ground. He screamed as we fell, but he started laughing as he realized it was me.

"Hey girl! I've been good! How about you?" He asked as he helped me off the ground. 

"WELL, I woke up this morning to pen smeared all over my face, then proceeded to embarrass myself even more so just great!" I said as I smiled.

Martinus and I continued to talk and I looked over to Marcus to see him looking...jealous? No not possible. Just in case I'll make sure to include him. 

We talked and then we ate some food until it was time for the fireworks. Everyone gathered around, but Marcus insisted we go somewhere farther away. He led me up a ladder and onto his roof where there was a blanket set down with a couple of pillows. We sat down and Marcus moved close to me. Once they started they were so beautiful I couldn't take my eyes off of them. (But what reader~chan didn't know was that Marcus was looking at her the entire time) Once the finale ended and the last firework went off I couldn't believe what I saw.

'(Y/n), I've had feelings for you for a while now, be mine?' was written in fireworks. 

My eyes started to tear up as I looked at Marcus, only to find he was looking at me. 

"Will you?" Marcus asked as he opened his arms as they awaited me.

I said nothing due to the tears now streaming down my face. I pressed my face into his chest and nodded my head. I looked down to see everyone cheering us on. He looked into my eyes and kissed me, I melted quickly into the kiss and kissed back with just as much passion as he showed. From that moment my life changed forever, all because of him...