Chapter 39

We sat in silence in the car, I couldn't bring my eyes up from my lap. I could hear Dani and (FC/n) whispering but other than that we sat in silence. When I was looking down I felt something warm grip my hand. I looked up and Marcus was gripping my hand with his, keeping the other on the wheel.

I grasped his hand as if my life depended on it, in this case it might've....

We arrived at the house, but still, no one said anything. Someone must have filled Katie, Koen, and Martinus in on the situation, because when we walked inside (Marcus carrying me on his back) they were waiting with distraught looks. As Marcus set me down, Katie ran towards me and engulfed me in a hug.

Katie was there that day.... She had to watch as I was tortured, she had to wait in fear by my hospital bed not knowing whether I would wake up.

I walked into my room, going unnoticed by the others.

'Would they notice if she kidnapped me right now?'

I couldn't help but let that thought run through my mind as I closed my door quietly. Instead of walking to my bed like I normally would have, I walked over to my bed and grabbed the blanket off of it. I then waddled over to the corner of my room and sat between the end of the wall and the wall of my dresser. I like being able to see all of my surroundings, this is kind of my special spot, I come here whenever I'm distressed or have anxiety. I wrapped the blanket around myself so only my head was sticking out. I plugged my headphones in and turned my music on. Finally, I closed my eyes and tried to overcome the deepening feeling in the pit of my stomach...

Marcus' POV *GASP*

I was around the house waiting for (Y/n) to get back from the airport. Martinus and I were thinking of new song ideas since it been a while. During our brainstorming my phone started to ring. I answered and thought nothing of it.

"Hello, is this Marcus Gunnarsen?" A man asked in a gruff voice.

"Um, yes, is do you need something?"

"Yes, I'm calling from (Inset airport name here), we have your fiance here, she's locked herself in the bathrooms with her friend. We are hearing a lot of loud noises;) and it sounds like something is going on, we hear screaming. We want you to come attempt to help."

I paled at hearing this and slammed the end call button. I stood up from the chair so quickly it fell over. Martinus was giving me a weird look but I brushed it off. I got in my car and drove off, going slightly over the speed limit.

It only took me 5 minutes to get to the airport, I slammed the door shut and ran through, passing security on my way. They of course, chased after me, but they weren't my main concern.

I ran to almost every bathroom I knew about and finally, the last one I checked, has security and a few paramedics surrounding the door. I walked up to it and knocked. No one answered, but I could hear (Y/n) breathing heavily. I could hear Dani telling her to calm down, but the breathing continued.

I called to Dani and demanded she let me in, the door opened suddenly and I pushed past her. The guards and paramedics entered behind me but Dani kept them at a safe distance.

I saw (Y/n) up against the wall, her eyes in her lap, barley keeping themselves open. I rushed over to her and gently put my hands on her shoulders, she didn't even flinch.

"(Y/n), it's Marcus. Can you hear me?" I got no reply.

"(Y/n) please, breathe, it'll be okay. I'm here now."

I saw her eyes flicker for a moment before she opened her mouth and sucked in a deep breath, she moved her head slightly and blinked. She leaned her head up, taking in her surroundings, her eyes finally trailed up to meet mine. When I her eyes met mine I pulled her into my chest and held onto her tightly, afraid if I let go she'd break. I held her there for a few minutes, neither of us dared to move. I heard her breathing slow, and her heartbeat begin to steady.

I looked up at Dani slightly and nodded my head. She quietly asked everyone to leave, then she herself left, leaving us to talk freely.

I kept her in my arms as I asked the question that had been ripping at me this entire time.

"What happened?"

"Shes- She's back, she's here. She's coming for me, for us, we aren't safe we need to leave I" She rambled. I hugged her tighter as her heart rate began to pick up once again.

"Hey, it's okay you're safe." I said in attempt to calm her. "Who's coming?"

"S-Soph-Sophia..." She said as she pushed her face in my chest.

"Who's Sophia?" I asked as I looked into her (e/c) tear filled eyes, searching for answers, but only finding fear.

She didn't say anything for a while, and instead of responding verbally, she pushed her sleeve up slightly. I looked at her arm and my eyes scanned over the now faded scars that ran up her arm, I stiffened. I lightly ran my fingers over them as all the memories of what happened came back to me. Remembering all of the feelings of sorrow and worry that I had for her caused me to shed a few tears. I pushed my face into her shoulder so she wouldn't have to see me cry.

I felt rage begin to bubble up inside me, but I knew she was here with me and I managed to control it. I couldn't speak or something I knew I'd regret would come out.