chapter nineteen

Connor painted those polaroid pictures and he painted so many more. Because he decided that he wanted to paint every polaroid that they took over the course of the entire month of June. Connor had declared that the entire month was set aside for doing things that they had said that they wanted to do, and to use every polaroid photo Cierra had left except for one, since he told her they had to save one for their last day together. 

"Connor, this is disgustingly cheesy." She had scoffed at him when he had declared his entire plan for the entire month of June. 

They were going to go on adventures, they were supposed to go somewhere new four days out of the week, since there were days that Cierra would especially remember the incident of the previous month. There was also a rule, that unless Cierra wanted to talk about it in order to feel better, which was literally never, that the incident was never mentioned. That this month was to try and move on. This month was to try and remember that life goes on and that she was strong, that she could get through all of it, with Connor that is. She needed to get better, and going on adventures may just do it. 

"Okay, maybe not." And with that, she was on board. And they had the greatest month ever.

Well, to most it may just seem like a regular summer vacation month, it may just seem like a simple month of not being bored to tears. But to them, oh to them it was month of an absolute lifetime. 

They went to the city, they went to five star restaurants and half star restaurants  simply because they may never get to again because of the dozens of health code violations. A personal favorite of both of them was The Knap Shack, which literally had no story behind the name and they saw a dead rat in the kitchen, so it earned the name The Rat Shack to them. The next week it was gone. They went to a museum for some random park and spent the whole day there, regardless of the fact they had idea what in the world the museum was for. Cierra insists it was for a battle in the civil war, but Connor is certain that it was for a workers revolution. They went to a music store and took a class to learn to play bass, even though neither of them had any musical experience whatsoever and they left only being able to play jaws. They went to twenty dollar concerts, and one pretty nice concert Connor had actually gotten for cheap due to the fact that the person he bought the Panic! At The Disco was really, really stoned. They baked cupcakes and Cierra forced Connor to give them to kids from his neighborhood, yet only one took it, but they second they walked home they saw the kid's mom throw it out of the window. Thinking back on it, they realized it was probably because Connor was the notorious drug dealer of the whole god damn town. Even the elementary school kids knew not to take anything from Connor Murphy. Connor tried to teach Cierra to paint, which she could not do for the life of her, but Connor did end up doing a charcoal watercolor of Cierra and it was beautiful to say the least, Cierra tried to teach Connor some gymnastics from the age of eight to fourteen , and she was pretty good at it and the skill never really left her, and Connor was horrible. In case you wanted to know just how horrible; Cierra put him into a back bend and they took a trip to the emergency room where Connor was given a back brace he had to wear for the entirety of the month. Those were just some of the adventures, and the days that weren't spent going on adventures were spent watching adventures on Netflix, movies or television show. The favorite was Freaks and Geeks, since they both related to the characters on a completely unreal level. 

But the absolute best was June thirtieth, and there was no day in either of their lives that could ever match that day. 

"Connor, seriously this month has been great, don't put so much pressure on for tonight." She had stated as she zipped up her knee length deep purple dress, the long sleeves hugging her arms as she straightened them out. It was her mother's dress, but it was the nicest thing in her entire house, and Connor said that tonight was just about the most important thing that either of them would go to.