Stressing

Mac's POV

When we get to the hospital I crying for the second time today. I panicking and I have Niall's hand in a death grip.

We get to the room my mother is at and I calm down a little. The doctor is there writing things down on a clipboard. He turns when he hears us come in.

"What happened?" I ask.

"What relationship do you have with the patient?"

"We're her daughters." I point at me and Beth. "And these are our boyfriends." Niall tenses up beside me.

"Who is the other young man behind you?" the doctor asks.

I turn around and see Harry. "Our cousin."

"Uh huh. Well your mother fell in the shower and hit her head. She got a concussion and has now entered a coma." What?

I grip Niall's hand harder. I know I'm crying but I don't feel it. I've gone numb. I know they're trying to talk to me. But I don't hear them. I just see my mom lying on the bed sleeping. Dreaming a dream she may not wake up from. I'm so focused on my mom I hardly notice that I'm screaming. Niall pulls me away from the room and out of the building.

"Mckenzie!" he screams. "Look at me!" I stop screaming and look into his eyes. "Thank you. Now listen to me. Harry and I are going to take you home. Home with us. Is that okay?" I nod.

He puts me into the back seat. I'm silent the entire drive. I have nothing to say. I don't know what to say. My mother could die. She's in a coma and has a fucking concussion.

Niall picks me up and carries me to his rooms. He sets me on the bed and then wraps his arms around me. He starts singing to.

"Your hearts against my chest, lips pressed to my neck. I'm falling for your eyes but they don't know me yet."

I soon fall asleep to the sweet sound of his voice and the feeling of his arms around me.

Niall's POV

She falls asleep in my arms. I lay her down on the bed and cover her with the blankets. I leave the room and go an talk to Lou.

He's sitting on the couch. I walk over and sit next to him.

"Hey, mate. How's she doing?" he asks me.

"I don't know. She hasn't really said anything to me about it." I sigh. "She just cried her self to sleep in my arms sooo... probably not good." He nods. "What'd she say to you?" I ask.

"I promised not to tell." He says. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Ok fine." He finally gives in. "She told me she felt alone. In her words 'I have no friends. No family. No one.' I told her she still has all of us but she just shook her head and said we wouldn't understand." He shrugs his shoulders.

"I understand. I went through most of what she's going through. Parents divorce. Losing my best friend. But not the mum in the hospital. I can't even begin to imagine how she feels right now." He nods again.

He looks as if he's about to say something when there's a knock at the door. I get up and open it. It's Nat.

"Where the hell is she?" she asks.

"Wait. Weren't you just storming out of here a few hours ago flipping us off?"

She sighs. "Look she's my best friend. I know I was bitchy earlier but I know she needs me."

I let her in. "She's sleeping right now." She nods and sits next to Louis. He smiles at her.

I close the door and just as I'm about to sit down someone knocks I the door again.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I turn around and open the door. This time it's Jackson. "No. Fuck no!"

He smirks. "Let me in please." He has flowers in his hands.

I shake my head and laugh. "There's no way in hell I wou-"

"Just let him in! I told him to come." Nat says.

"Why the fuck would you do that?"

"He's helped her through a lot of things. Family wise. Has she tried talking to any of y'all about her family?"

Lou and I look at each other. She hasn't. "I didn't think so."

"Where is she?" he asks as he walks in.

"Sleeping." I close the door.

Nat, Lou and Jackson are all sitting on the couch while I stand by the door. The flowers Jackson brought in are on the coffee table. Harry walks in and takes one look at the couch and worry and fear spread across his face. He walks up to me.

"I'm worried about Mac." He whispers.

Why does everyone call her Mac? her name is Mckenzie. It a beautiful name, so use the whole fucking thing.

"Why?" I ask.

"I think she under a lot of stress right now and having Nat and Jackson isn't gonna help." I nod. That explains the worry that was etched on his face when they came to take her to the hospital. I didn't even think about that. She probably is under a lot of stress.

"Well hi Harry." Nat says. He turns and waves at her. "Oh come on. Where is that famous Harry Styles smile? Let me see those dimples."

He mouth is set in a straight line. He's gonna say something and I know it won't be good.

"What do you want from me?" he asks.

"Nothing. Just teasing." She smiles.

"Well stop it. I'm not in the mood."

She stands. "Oh really?"

"Yes really. No is in the mood for this shit today. So shut your fucking mouth!"

Then they start to argue.

I look over at Lou and Jackson. They're talking about Mckenzie.

Nat pushes Harry and I know the shits about to hit the fan. Before the fireworks start Mckenzie opens my bedroom door and walks out rubbing at her eyes.

"What the hell is going on in here?" she screams.

"MAC!" Jackson yells. He jumps up and runs over an hugs her. She looks surprised at first and then she leans in to him.

"What are you doing here?" she asks.

"I heard about your mother and I know how much you love her so I decided to come and see if you were ok."

"How'd you find out?"

"Nat called and told me."

She nods and hugs him harder. I look at the two of them together and my heart breaks even further than it already has. He's the reason we broke up in the first place. If he hadn't have put ideas into my head and hadn't have made me blow up in Mckenzie's face then I would be the one hugging her and comforting her. But instead I'm in the background watching as she slowly lets him ruin her further. He kisses her on the forehead and I almost lose it.

Nat and Harry have quit arguing and watching them like I am. Louis is looking at me. Trying to see if I'm going to snap.

"Where can we talk?" he asks.

She looks at me, asking for permission to go to my room. I shake my head. She sighs.

"To your place." She tells him.

"No." I say. "No. Don't you remember what happened last time you were there. Mckenzie. Please don't go. Stay here with me. Please." I beg.

She takes his hand and they walk out the door. I want to follow her and drag he back into the house but I am frozen where I am. It feels like she took my heart with her when she walked out the door. And I'm starting to think I won't get it back.

Please vote and comment!!!:)