Family Probs

Riley's POV

I was sitting by the lake crying my heart out. I had my knees pulled to my chest, my arms wrapped around my legs with my head buried in them.

How could my mom do this to me?! To our family!? I hate her!

" I HATE YOU! " I scream between sobs. Why would she do this?! Our family is falling apart because of Scorpius' dad!!

I let out a scream before I try to stand up. I swayed until my legs couldn't hold me up anymore. I fell to my knees covering my face with my hands.

All I could do was cry.

" R-Riley? " I didn't look up to see who it was. " Are you ok? What's wrong?" The person sits beside me and hugs me tightly.

I open my eyes and remove my hands to see Matthew. " M-Matt... " I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him back, crying on his shoulder.

" Shh... It's ok... " He rubs my back trying to calm me down.

I shake my head. " N-No.. It's not... It nev-never will be! " I cry.

He sighs and holds me closer. It felt comforting.

*******

I walk down the halls of the castle, seeing people watching me, whispering to their friends.

I reach the Gryffindor common room and I find Ruby and Logan sitting on the couch.

It's been a while since the accident. I'm glad he's back.

Tears escape as I fall into a chair. I hug my legs and bury my head, trying to be silent.

"Riley?" Ruby called from across the room "Are you okay?"

I reach into my pocket and yank out a crumpled letter that Brynlee gave me. I hold it out for her to take. She walks over, and carefully takes it and reads it.

"Oh Riley, I'm so sorry."

I choke back tears. I slowly shake my head. I look at Logan who was sitting quietly beside Ruby. I swallow. " How ya feeling, Logan? " I ask.

"Alright I guess...."

"Oh crap!" Ruby exclaims, checking her phone "I gotta go!"

" Why? " I ask.

"Detention....." She smiled "There was a little incident with a fanged-frisbee and filch." She said smirking

I smile at her. " Nice. "

"See at guys later!" She said waving to me and kissing Logan on the cheek.

" Bye. " I say, looking at Logan. " So.."

"Riley? Are you like, okay with.... This?" He asked pointing at the portrait hole that Ruby had just left through.

" You and Rubes? Yeah. You two are really cute and she seems really happy." I nod.

"Are you sure?"

I give him a smile. " Positive"

He smiled "Okay then, so what's up? We haven't talked in so long!"

" Um... I have a question. " I look at him. " Does it look like me and Matt like each other? Or...? "

He laughed a bit "Ruby and I have a bet going for when you get together. So I guess you could say so."

I throw my head back and groan. I sigh. " What did you say? "

"Like a week, she said a month. So you do like him, don't you."