Patronus

Ruby's POV

"Logan, I can't do this anymore." I lean over on my dresser and stare at myself in the mirror. "No, that's to cheesy." I say to myself. This is so complicated. Do I still have feelings for Noah? No, no that can't be. Does he still like me? No. Of course not I mean I cheated him. It's a wonder he's still talking to me. Why am I even breaking up with Logan, I mean we're not even dating were just kind of, together in a way. But I don't like it. It doesn't feel real.

I take my phone out and text Riley. Meet me in dorm? I need to talk to you.

She texts back after a minute,

Um ok, yeah I'll be there. something wrong? Wait. Don't answer that, something's def wrong. On my way Rubes.

Kk, thx Riley.

A couple minutes later she walks into the small dormitory. " Ok who is getting punched and or slapped? "

I crack a small smile "No one, but I need to talk to you about Logan. If that's okay...."

" What did he do? " She asks quietly, confusion obviously fleeing to her face.

"Nothing, I just.... I don't know how to feel about him."

" Huh? What do you mean? "

"I don't know what we are." I let out a big sigh "It doesn't feel real. And I think, I might have feeling for someone else. I know it's bad but I can't help it."

She let's out a small sigh. " Well, if it's Noah, I don't like him but it's your life. He's a... Nope not gonna say it. But I don't think he changed completely if that's why you like him. No one changes THAT fast. Sorry but it doesn't happen. "

"He's really not. It was my fault we broke up."

" So? That doesn't mean he had to call you a bitch Ruby. He could have kept it to himself and that just proves what kind of guy he is. What if you do something he doesn't like? What's he going to do then? Just stay calm and be like, ' Oh it's fine. Do what you please?! No!! He's gonna get mad! "

"He's apologized like ten times now. I knew him before we started dating, he's a good person!"

She just shrugs. "I don't like him Rubes. He is weird! Have you not noticed it at all? "

"You guys were friends! What's wrong with you Riley? There's nothing weird about him!"

" He didn't seem all weird then! Now he is! "

"But he cares about me! I don't think Logan does."

" Logan does! He likes you Rubes! " She argues.

"But... I can't talk to him. You know what I mean?"

" I guess... "

"Come on Riley! Why don't you like Noah? Logan's not the perfect little angel you think you know."

" I know that Ruby! No one is perfect! But Noah just seems weird! Different in a way I haven't figured out yet! "

"You still have feelings for Logan don't you. Or Noah! Is that why your going against him?!"

" No!!! Ruby I don't like Logan or Noah! " She says. " Sorry if I didn't say what you wanted me to, Ruby. I'll see you later. " She walks out quickly shaking her head.

"Are you kidding me?! Riley?" I call after her

" LATER! " She yells, letting the door slam behind her.

I guess I deserved that....

Reya's POV

The normally crowded hallway was quiet. A few students shuffled along to their classes. A tall figure stumbles into me. I steady myself on a bench and whip around, a sharp remark on my tongue, but when I see who it is my stomach turns into a knot.