Chapter 21: James Wilton

Date: Two months, and one week+ since Tris was found

^^ The next day ^^

*Tobias POV*

My eyes are closed as I enjoy the feeling of Tris's body lying on top of me, I'm still catching my breath after our last round this morning. Her lips leisurely kiss my jaw, my neck, and my collarbone. When she gently rubs her nose across my jaw I feel a warmth in my chest. I try to remember a moment from my past that I have ever felt so loved. I can't think of one because it doesn't exist.

I am drifting back to sleep when I feel a wetness creeping down my neck, instantly pulling me from any thoughts of rest.

I crane my neck to look down at Tris. I'm unable to see her face that is buried in my neck. I realize that she must be crying, the wetness being her tears. My heart clenches, but I also know that I need to be strong for her.

I kiss her forehead and hold her tighter to me, alerting her that I'm awake again.

"Hey." I whisper into her hair as I kiss the top of her head.

Tris wipes at her face with her free hand and then reaches up and kisses my lips slowly.

"You can talk to me, you don't have to hide your tears...I want to take care of you, Tris." My voice thick with emotion. She nods, reaching up to stroke my cheek.

I grin at her mischievously and her eyes become bright with anticipation.

"Before any serious conversations, we need a shower to start our day." I tease as I roll us both out of bed, then swiftly scoop her up and throw her over my shoulder.

She squeals with delight, laughing and demanding that I put her down. I tell her to be patient, I am going to make sure she has the most amazing shower ever.

++o++

"So we are in agreement?" Tris pushes me for an answer as I am chewing on leftover pizza for breakfast. I nod my head in a yes. I know that time is almost up, and I need to man up. I can't keep demanding how I want things to be, I have to work with the problem at hand.

I may lose Tris today. If we can't manage to outsmart James...she will start a new life with him. With him and our child.

"Tobias, I adore you. You have to know how much I want to be with you, to raise our baby together. I don't want to be his prisoner, which is what life with him would be...I'm absolutely terrified at the thought. I want to believe we will outsmart him, and that things will work out for us. I just have to make sure we are clear...I can't and won't leave our son with that monster alone. Please tell me you understand..." she whispers, I can hear the devastation in her voice.

I hold her hands, "I get it. But I will never stop fighting for you, I will never stop looking for you. Even if we lose today...please don't forget about me. I can't lose you forev-"

"Tobias Eaton! Is that what you think, that I am just going to accept my fate and go make a happy home with James?! I will never stop trying to save the baby and get the hell away from him." she kisses me firmly on the lips, "I know that we belong together, I belong with you...only you."

"Just like I belong with you, Tris. You are the only one for me." I kiss her lips, and then her jaw, and then I put a wet kiss on her neck.

We then hold each other, me wishing this moment would never end.

I clear my throat, "I texted Zeke last night right when I got home. I asked him to get Amar and meet us at the control center thirty minutes before we are meeting the entire team."