Chapter 40: Celebrations (The End)

Date: End of October, 2801 +o+ Andy is 1 year old

* Tobias POV *

"Do we really need to do this?" I ask Tris sullenly. "It's cruel; I'm used to our alone time from our honeymoon in Amity. Now I'm being forced to share you with others?!"

As she finishes pulling up the zipper of her dress, Tris playfully rolls her eyes, then smirks at me before answering.

"Yes. We absolutely need to do this. Your mother and Caleb went to a lot of trouble to set up this dinner," Tris admonishes me while looking in the master bathroom mirror and putting her earrings on. "Besides, we had the wedding we wanted. We got married alone, even though we knew it was hard on our family and friends."

Sighing in defeat, I nod to agree with her. Tris is right. "Well, do we know who's coming? I really hope Evelyn didn't go overboard and invite too many people!"

"Babe, it's going to be fine. I think she heard you the three times you demanded she keep it small. It's just a nice dinner to celebrate with close family and friends," she says while sliding closer to me. Tris's arms wrap around my waist and she kisses my jaw. "Besides, as soon as dinner is over we get to come home, pay the babysitter, make sure Andy is sleeping soundly, and then you and I will have all evening to enjoy alone time."

"Hmmm, okay. That does sound really nice. It gives me something to look forward to," I say as my hands travel lower to squeeze her butt. She hums appreciatively as I massage her, my hands steadily getting bolder.

Leaning down to suck on her neck, I feel my arousal building. I pull her even closer so she can feel my excitement pressing against her stomach while my hands begin to move her hips against me.

"Tobias! Stop, please. You are getting me all hot and bothered, and Ms. Lisa will be here any minute to babysit." To make her point, she slides her fingertips along the large bulge at the front of my pants. "I don't really want Andy's daycare teacher to arrive and see that my husband has a huge hard-on!"

"Why not? Are you worried she will judge you for not taking care of me?" I challenge her.

"I don't take care of you? Is that so?" Tris says slowly, her eyes narrowing.

Without any words, Tris unzips the front of my pants while simultaneously kneeling in front of me.

"Shit, Tris. I was only joking, and Ms. Lisa will be here any — oh my God!" I groan loudly as Tris's luscious lips suddenly wrap around me.

Her eyes lock with mine, and she looks smug as I relinquish all control. Bracing myself against the bathroom counter, I lose myself as Tris expertly and quickly gets me to euphoria.

++o++

"Evelyn, Caleb, this is incredible. We can't thank you enough," I say sincerely as I reach out to give my mother a small hug. A moment of surprise flashes across her face, quickly replaced by a wide smile. It's true, aside from Tris and Andy, I rarely initiate physical contact with anyone. I don't blame her for being caught off guard.

As Tris pulls out of the hug she shared with Caleb, she turns to smile at me, her eyes bright and happy. "Tobias is right — you both really outdid yourselves. Everything is wonderful," Tris compliments while taking in the room again.

They reserved the back room at a nice, family-owned restaurant in downtown Chicago. The room is perfect: music is playing softly, the lighting is low, there are flowers on each table, and there is even a small dance floor. So far, we are the only ones here. Evelyn wanted us to arrive first so that she and Caleb could spend some time alone with us before the other guests arrive.