CH 29: Coffee with Friends

Date: End of July +o+ Baby is 9+ months old

^^ Two weeks have passed ^^

*Tobias POV*

My God, I think I have died and gone to heaven. I lean my head back on the pillow and teeter between wanting to watch Tris moving sensually above me and wanting to close my eyes and just feel. She is insatiable this morning. Tris woke me up way too early, but only seconds later, I was more than okay with it.

We come at the same time. I should say my second time, and her fifth time this morning. Tris collapses, I hold her close to my chest and kiss her forehead. We are both going to need a shower this morning.

"Hey, your heart is beating a mile a minute...you okay?" Tris whispers to me.

Smiling, I kiss her forehead. "I'm more than okay — I'm amazing, actually. I am tempted to cancel our plans tonight so we can have round two even sooner."

Tris giggles and kisses my chest.

"You are especially randy this morning. I know you like to fill your reserves when you know we won't be able to fool around after work or at lunch," I tease Tris, squeezing her tightly as she pushes her face into my chest. I know I've just embarrassed her.

If only she knew what a turn-on her passion is. It feels amazing to be desired.

"You've been asking me to connect with the group for weeks now, and I don't want to cancel. Did Zeke confirm everyone is coming?" Tris asks.

I groan while stretching, and then wrap my arms around her again. "Yes, we're still meeting at Peet's Coffee on Michigan Avenue, the one across from the park. We agreed on 6:00 PM. That way we will all have time to get there after work. Luckily, Zeke has day shifts this week."

"Okay, it will be nice to see everyone. I'll make sure Andy gets a good nap today so he isn't cranky tonight," Tris says.

"Even if he is cranky, so what? He's a baby. Our friends are so excited to see you and meet the baby. I can't even tell you how many times Shauna has texted me to confirm you and Andy are actually coming," I say with a laugh. "I'm sorry Caleb couldn't come, I know you wanted him to be there."

I feel Tris stiffen in my arms. I rub her back. "I know you hold some resentment over how Caleb was treated. I can't make you let that go, but I am asking you to please try. Especially with Zeke...he is my best friend and he has been through a lot. He does care about you, and he wants us to be happy."

Tris leans up and kisses me slowly. "I'm going to do better than try, it's going to be great. I'm looking forward to seeing them all. Yes, I wish Caleb could come, but he's meeting Candice's parents tonight, which is exciting!"

"Candice seems nice. Poor girl — great first impression I made," I say gruffly.

"It wasn't either of our finest moments. The positive — even with our crazy tension and then our make-up-sex afterglow an hour later — is that Candice handled it really well. I didn't feel any judgment from her. I'm liking her more and more. I hope Caleb appreciates what an amazing girl he has," Tris says softly.

I lean down, capturing her lips. Slowly our mouths begin moving together, first gently, and then becoming hungrier with each moment that passes.

Tris breaks away and smiles. "I want you to know, I am happy to see your friends. I want to be close to them again."

"Our friends," I correct her. "I can't tell you how much that means to me. The truth is, we all suffered so much when we lost Uriah and you — or so we thought — at the same time. They were really there for me. They feel like family," I say firmly.