~Chapter 3

She scrubbed the planks. Back to square one. She sighed. The crew here were all younger than Captain Terralend's crew. These were teenagers. Wild teenagers.

Only a few were on Percy Jackson's ship because the rest were looting Terralend's ship. She scrubbed and scrubbed, anger coursing through her.

Why was she so angry? Because that morning, they had taken away her only friend. They took away Piper. Apparently, she was going to Jason's ship. They both fought and screamed until the couldn't and Annabeth just sat there and cried.

She scrubbed harder. Nico had said they might be able to see each other because Jason and Percy usually travelled together. "I hate my life," Annabeth said quietly through gritted teeth.

She wish she'd never agreed to be a maid at the general's house. She would've never gotten into this mess. No it wasn't her fault. It was her father's.

She scrubbed even harder. "Are you trying to kill the wood?" A voice said. She turned and saw a boy. It was one of the Stolls.

"What do you want?" She snapped. If she were on Terralend's boat, she'd never snap. But these were teenagers. And at this point, she didn't care.

"Just saying!" He said, then he walked away. Moron.

She scrubbed and scrubbed. All day. She scrubbed the whole ship and by the end of the day, her back and arms were sore. She didn't even eat dinner and she fell asleep in her cell.
•••

A day passed and there was still no Piper. Their boats were sailing against the wind at a fast rate. Where were the going?

She woke up and saw a tray of food laid out for her. She ate and washed her face in a bin full of water.

She groaned and rubbed her arms. Nico came to open the cells and she went out to scrub again. She felt a tap on her shoulder.

She turned. "Why is everyone always bothering- Piper?"

"Hey, Annabeth!" Piper hugged her tightly.

"Thank the gods!" Annabeth cried. "I was so scared that I was never gonna see you again!"

"Annabeth. Jason let me talk to you before....we left," Piper said. "He's giving the rest of the treasure to Percy."

"W-what? Aren't you staying? I-I thought Jason and Percy travelled together!"

"They do. It's just that Jason wants to go to some ports that only his crew can go to. Percy was banned from going there after accidentally flooding the place. I won't be able to see you for a long time. Maybe a few months."

Annabeth looked at her. She then saw that Piper was wearing new clean white dress. She looked nice even though the dress was casual. "Can you stay here? Can I go with you? Please, don't leave me!"

"I- I already asked Jason. He talked to Percy and Percy refused. I begged them both, didn't work. I-I'm sorry." Piper was crying.

Annabeth felt her own tears fall down. She hugged her tightly. "Come back. Ok? Please."

"I will. Make sure you stay alive, ok?"

Annabeth nodded. Piper went back to Jason's ship and Annabeth went back to scrubbing, but crying as well.

She use to have a friend. She was still a friend. But she was gone. She was alone now. Completely alone. She was so tired of this. She just continued scrubbing as the afternoon came as quickly as Piper appeared and disappeared.

She hated this so much. She didn't eat lunch. She wasn't hungry. She was a bit happy with Piper around, but now. She was sad and angry.

Pirates took everything from her. She hated pirates. She wished she'd never met one. "All the pirates in the world can die in hell!" She whispered.
•••

She was sitting in her cell, slowly falling asleep. When she heard the cell door open. She was confused. Nico never opened the cells at night. She sat up.

But it wasn't Nico. It was this boy she had never seen before. But she had only seen ten percent of the crew.

She stood up. "What do you want?" She said. She didn't care if he killed her.

He didn't say anything and just closed the doors behind him. He walked to her. He had brown hair and beady black eyes. He had a scar over his cheek. And Annabeth hated him.

He grinned at her as if she was a piece of meat. He stood right in front of her and Annabeth didn't back down.

He ran his hand over her sore arms. Annabeth immediately knew what he wanted and she kicked him off, punching his face.

But she was tired from a hard day's worth of work, she was barely awake. He growled at her. "You shouldn't have done that," he said.

Then he grabbed her, ripping her dress off and pulling the cloth around her hips off. She screamed and thrashed. No. No.

"Stop!!!" She screamed. "No!" She was scared now. Terrified. She felt tears run down her face. "Please!"

He only laughed as he pulled down his pants.

"Stop!!!" She cried, thrashing. He held her down as he kissed her thighs. She was disgusted. She was scared. She cried and cried and screamed. Her throat hurt but she still continued to scream.

"Shut up!" He snapped as he readied himself.

She screamed even louder. Why couldn't anyone hear her. Anyone, just help. She didn't want this.

Then he slammed into her and the pain blinded her. She screamed from both pain and terror. But he just slammed into her again, jerking her body forward.

Then she felt numb. She was tired. She was scared. Her body went limp as he continued slamming into her. She just let him, her screaming stopped.

Her head just laid in the cold floor, jerking around. She could feel the tears streaming down her face, her hair sticking to her skin.

After an hour of the same thing, he left. She felt so empty and numb.

After a few minutes, she pulled herself up. Cleaning herself with the water from the basin and wrapping her cloth around her hips and thighs again. Then she pulled on her dress.

She was so tired and scared. Tears streamed down her face as she said in her mind this was worse than death itself.