~Chapter 11

Another month had passed and there was a few close calls. Luke's ship had almost caught up to them a few times and one time both the ships were almost destroyed.

Annabeth was sitting, helping Nico fix the door. She had several bandages on her fingers because on her first try, she had hit her hand pretty hard. But she was a quick learner.

"Almost done," she mumbled, wiping her forehead with the back of her hand. "There!"

She sighed happily. This was her dozenth door she had fixed. It was getting quite boring.

She and Nico cleaned up the tools and stools. Then he went to help fix the quarterdeck. She went to help bail out the water from the lower deck. There were many leaks after Luke threw cannon balls at them.

They had repaired it as much as possible but there were still some leaks. She grabbed a bucket and stepped knee deep in water. She started scooping water up and throwing them out the ship.

"Land Ahoy!!" came a shout. Everyone's faces brightened.

Land! Finally, that meant that it would be easier to repair the ship and the crew could rest. She continued to bail out the water along with the others.

"Guys! C'mon!" Will said from the stairs, waving his hands. They all dropped their buckets as they all felt the boat stop.

They ran up the upper deck. Annabeth met Percy along the way. "We're at Hermes's Harbor, its safe, from Luke at least. This place is filled of robbers and thieves, stay close."

"Isn't every where we go dangerous?"

"For you yes, not for me."

Annabeth rolled her eyes as they descended down the ramp. "We'll be sleeping over there. Its not a pub this time."
She nodded. "I'm exhausted."

The whole crew was. They had worked day and night for days. Although Percy could control water, he was just as tired as they were.

They both entered their room and Annabeth bathed, washing the sweat and grime off. When she came out, she found Percy snoring on the bed, drooling. She chuckled.

She pulled his shirt off and the got a cloth from the bathroom and washed him off. She took off his boots and belt. She pulled the blankets over them and then went to sleep.
•••

They stayed there for a few days, repairing the ship. Soon enough, it was fixed and a bit improved. They sailed off.

Annabeth stood over the hull, her elbows on the railing. She sighed as he wind blew her hair.

Percy came over, putting on arm over her and his other elbow on the railing next to her's. he kissed her cheek. "You ok?"

"Mmhmm. Just enjoying some peace."

"Being a pirate means no peace."

"I'm not a pirate. I'm just dating one."

"Which makes you one," he said as he showered her with kisses. She laughed, gently pushing him.

"I don't act like one, at least."

"Neither do I. I don't go around saying 'arrrggghh, matey'."

"I guess you're a unique pirate. By the way, unique means-"

"I know what it means!"

Annabeth laughed again. "Sure you can."

"Is that doubt I sense?" He chased after her. "You better run, 'cause I'm gonna eat you up!"

Annabeth stopped running, drawing out her sword. "Get me if you can," a smirk played on her lips.

He accepted the challenge, taking his own sword out. "Trust me, I can."

The two battled and clashed together as they roamed the whole ship, dodging the crew mates. It last like that for quite a while, since they were both equally skilled.

Percy had known sword fighting since he was a child. He had practiced relentlessly and was a natural.

Annabeth had learned only a few moves from her mother during one of her short free times when she was young. She was a quick learner and inherited her mother's combat abilities.

The fight ended with Annabeth knocking Percy's sword over the side and into the ocean. She tackled him to the wood, straddling his stomach and her sword pointed to his neck.

"Loser," she taunted.

Then Percy, being the stronger one, sat up and pushed them both to the ground so that he was on top of her, in between her knees. And somehow, he managed to take her sword and she was threatened with the point this time.

"You should think before you speak," Percy said with a sly grin.

"You shouldn't be talking, you don't even use that brain of yours," she snapped, jabbing her finger into his head. "Now get off me."

"No."

"Excuse you." Then she kneed him where the sun didn't shine.
•••

Percy groaned loudly, clutching in between his thighs as he rolled around the bed, his face the color of a tomato.

"Can you shut up?" Annabeth snapped. She was trying to read a book. She had boughten it in Hermes's Harbor. She hadn't touched a book in months and was absolutely delighted when she saw one.

"Oh, sorry for expressing the pain that was caused when my girlfriend decided to knee me in my sensitive area!!" Percy shot back. "You wouldn't understand!"

"Of course I won't, Seaweed Brain. Women are made differently than boys."

Percy grumbled. Then his face lit up. "I heard kissing stuff will heal it."

"Kiss it yourself," she replied, her eyes glued on the pages.

Percy pouted. Gods, she was difficult. "Please?" He used his puppy eyes.

Annabeth looked right into them. "Don't try to trick me. My mother is the master of trickery and it runs in my family bloodline. So don't use that useless puppy eyes on me, Kelp Head."

He pouted again.

"But," she pecked his lips with a pop. "You do look cute. I give you that."

"You're impossible."

"You're insufferable."

"You're-"

"If we're gonna do this again, you might wanna be careful because I can punch your sensitive spot again."

He glared at her. "I'm going to sleep." He moved his legs and immediately groaned.

Annabeth snickered. "Need help?"

Percy stayed silent. She closed the book and set it aside on the night table. "Let's go, Seaweed Brain."

She pulled the sheets up and over. Then she helped Percy get into bed. "How many times have you taken my shirt off?" He said as she pulled the cloth off. "Is this the third."

"I wouldn't need to if you weren't such a baby." She pulled his boots off.

"Maybe you should sleep without a shirt, it's only fair."

"Fine." She pulled the buttonless shirt off, leaving only a red strip of cloth wrapped tightly around her chest.

"And that."

"You only said shirt." She got into bed with him.

Percy muttered a few unkind words but Annabeth couldn't care less.