~Chapter 6

Annabeth gripped his shirt. After a few steps out, she immediately wanted to go back into the room.

She felt his arm around her tighten. Several boys walked past them, each nodded to Percy. And every time they brushed past her, she stiffened.

She gripped onto Percy's clothes as if her life depended on it. She didn't want to see anyone, except for Percy. They went onto the deck where boys were scattered across the ship, sitting down, eating.

There was an ear splitting whistle, scaring the life out of her. "Mornin', Captain!!" A blonde haired boy yelled from 10 feet away. All of them waved at them.

"Hey, Will," Percy said with a grin.

"Who ya got there, Cap?" Another said, wiggling his eyebrows. Annabeth looked at the sky.

"She's mine, so back off," Percy said, playfully glaring at them. But they all knew he was being serious.

"Breakfast!" Another yelled, throwing him a sack. "Her's are in there too!"

Percy caught it and led them to the quarterdeck. They stood, leaning against the railing, the wind blowing their hair. "See, most of them are good guys," Percy said, handing her a loaf of bread.

Annabeth wasn't hungry. She gave it back to him. "Yeah, good guys that treat girls like a piece of meat."

"Annabeth...."

"Just saying." He handed an apple to her. She handed it right back. "I'm not hungry."

"Annabeth, you should eat," He said. He knew she was still affected by what happened, but he wanted her to eat.

"I'm not hungry."

"Then I guess I'm not hungry either," Percy threw the sack on the floor.

Annabeth looked at him. "You're gonna starve yourself."

"So are you."

"You eat more than me."

"Well I guess now we both don't eat."

"Percy, you can eat your food." She knew he was hungry. She didn't want him to starve.

"Not until you eat."

"Perc-"

"Nope."

She sighed. "Fine."

He smiled and retrieved the sack. He gave her bread and gobbled a loaf down himself.

She ripped a piece off and ate it. Then she handed it back. Percy scowled.

"Eat it."

She shook her head.

Percy sighed and dropped the sac, grabbing the loaf of bread. He ripped a second piece off. He put it against her lips. "Eat."

She didn't budge.

"Annabeth, I will personally lock you up until you eat." Annabeth glared at him and let him feed her the bread. He fed her the apple also. "Woohooo!" He turned to the guys. "Boys! I have a special announcement! Annabeth had just finished her breakfast!!"

The crew whooped and cheered nevertheless as if they had just won a fight.

Percy hugged her, laughing.

And she couldn't help but smile. After practice, Annabeth walked away to get her supplies but Percy grabbed her arm.

"Where ya goin'," he said.

"Getting my supplies."

"To do what?"

She stared at him. Didn't he know? "...to scrub, obviously."