--> Chapter 13

Piper quickly blocked and parried several tricks. Behind her, Leo threw balls of fire, careful to not burn the ship down in the process.

She disarmed one guard and dodged another. She knocked them both out. She knew there was a slim chance in escaping but this was the only way.

She could use charmspeak. Besides, her worst memory was right in front of her, standing there with an evil smile.

"The person wearing the same uniform as you is your worst enemy!!!" She told the guards, her words dripping with power. "Defend yourself!!"

Immediately the guards began fighting each other. Piper grabbed Leo's arm and ran through the mist of fighting.

"No!!" Drew yelled. "Those two are you're greatest enemy!! Get them!!"

Her charmspeak was more powerful than Piper's and the guards immediately listened, chasing after them.

They ran down to the lower deck. She felt hands grab her arms and knock the sword out of her hands. She yelped and fought against them.

But they were strong and she wasn't. She kicked them and punched their noses, but they held on. Leo wasn't having much luck. His whole body was engulfed in flames but the guards were wearing some kind of gloves that resisted flames.

A gag was roughly tied around her. She struggled as she felt ropes tie around her wrist. She tried screaming for help but the gag muffled her cries.

She kicked and elbowed hit it was no use. She was pinned to the ground, a knee was pressed against her spine to keep her from moving.

Leo was tied down with metal cuffs so that he couldn't burn his way out as easily. He was also gagged.

"Good," Drew said, tapping her foot against their sides as if to see if there were bugs under them. "Take them to Jerold."

The guards roughly grabbed their shoulders and arms and dragged them off the ship.
•••

Jason groaned. He had to admit, he hadn't slept that well in a long time. No nightmares which was good.

He felt Piper's arms curl around his neck. He pulled her closer. But something felt wrong. Her arms felt longer and her earring was scratching his chest. When did Piper have earrings?

He woke up and realized it wasn't even Piper. He quickly sat up and pulled away, shock evident on his face.

The girl had long black hair, slightly tanned skin. She was beautiful but not Piper beautiful. "Who are you?" He said. "How did you get on this ship?"

"Sweetheart," she said, her voice sickly sweet. "Calm down."

"Where's Piper?" He said.

The girl's face darkened. "She's not coming back."

"What?" He ran out the door to find almost everyone awake. "Search everywhere and look for Piper!"

They all ran across the ship, searching. He ran to find Leo. He opened his room and his bed was empty. "Leo!" He said running around the ship.

He grabbed Hazel's arm. "Have you seen Leo?"

"Last night I was night watching, he took over because he couldn't sleep. That was the last time I saw him. No one else saw him last night except for me."

"Have you seen Piper?"

"Right as I entered my room, I saw her sit down across from Leo. I think so. I was too tired to even think straight. I didn't even know why I was tired, I barely did anything."