--> Chapter 7

Piper woke up to feel her eyes swollen. She remembered telling Jason everything and crying. She remembered getting separated from Annabeth.

She also felt arms around her.

She quickly sat up and found Jason sound asleep next to her. She saw that they were both fully clothed with their shoes on. The blankets weren't even over them. Did they accidentally fall asleep?

She actually didn't mind sleeping in his arms but she didn't want to be like Drew, sleeping with a male she wasn't even dating. It made her sick.

But Piper did like Jason and she was pretty sure he liked her. She laid back down. The sun wasn't even up yet. Should she go back to sleep?

She sighed and got out of bed. She tugged Jason's boots off and pulled the blankets over him. Then she walked out.

She walked up the stairs to the upper deck. She had always liked sunrises. The colors were beautiful and the sun was always so welcoming.

"Good morning," a voice said. Piper turned to see Reyna standing on the helm.

Piper smiled politely. "Good morning."

"So, I heard you've been spreading rumors that Jason likes me."

"I....think you heard wrong."

"Piper," Reyna said.

"Yeah?"

"Treat him well." Did Piper hear sadness in her voice?

"I don't know what you mean."

Reyna's eyes narrowed. "You like him. He likes you." It almost sounded like an accusation.

"Whose he?" Piper pretended to be oblivious.

"I won't answer that. Piper, I know that he likes you. You many not be convinced, but soon, you two will be wearing rings. Take care of him."

Piper stared at her. Then she nodded.

"He's very lucky to have you."

"You mean, I'm very lucky to have him?"

"The luck goes both ways. He may be blind at times, so he patient with him. He's a boy, boys can be very ignorant."

Piper smiled. "I'll keep that in mind."
•••

After an hour or two, the sun was up and the day had started. Everyone was up and buzzing around.

"Ken!" Piper heard Jason say. "That's the wrong casket. It's the one with the letter L."

Piper was in the lower deck, helping sort out the goods. She dragged a crate to one section.

Since they were heading to different ports, they were sorting out the goods for each individual port.

"Wait," Dakota said. "Where do flower pots go?"

"To the second pile," Piper said, pointing. Then she saw what he had. "Dakota, those aren't flower pots."

"Then what are they?"

"Those are cooking pots! Just give them to me." Dakota handed her the pots and staggered away. That boy always seemed like he was drinking rum.

She put the pots next to the crate. She opened another crate and found a jade sculpture. It was beautiful. It was small, she saw a circle on the top. It was meant to be a necklace.

"Jason," she called. He came over. "Where does jade go?"

"Uh," he thought scanning the piles. "That one." He pointed to the fourth pile.

She nodded and closed the crate, picking it up. She found a second crate full of silver necklaces. She was about to close it and carry it away but Jason stopped her.

"One second," he said. He took one out and examined it. "Not to fancy, not to casual. Which is perfect for Piper McLean."

"Jason," she said, smiling. "Put it back. I'm bringing it to the seventh pile."

He ignored her. "It's charm is a lightning bolt! How coincidental is that?"

She closed it and put it in its designated pile. "Since you love it so much, maybe you should wear it."

"Yo! Uncle Leo cooked some lunch!!!" Leo's voice said from above. Everyone cheered and sprinted up the stairs, leaving the two.

"Actually," Jason said. Did she see a blush on his cheeks? She was pretty sure she did.

"Actually...?"

He put it in her hand. "I want you to have it."

She stared at him. "I'm not very into jewelry."

"Make this an exception."

She hesitated, running her finger over the lightning bolt. "Can you put it on?"

He nodded and she turned around, pulling her hair up. His hands skimmed the nape of her neck as he clasped the necklace together.

He turned her around and studied the charm. "It looks nice on you."

She felt her cheeks warm. "Thanks."

"C'mon, let's go to lunch." He held his hand out and without even thinking, she took it.
•••

"Terra enim prope est!!!" Came a voice.

Piper looked at Leo, confused. "Huh?"

"Uhh, I think that means land is near or something," Leo said. "Latin doesn't come easy to me even though I've been here for years. It's a Greek thing, y'know."

She nodded.

"Alright guys, get the first pile up there and start unloading!" Jason ordered, picking up a crate.

"Piper!" Hazel called and she helped her haul up a a box full of ceramic plates.

They went up the stairs and they heard another fight. When they reached the top, they both saw that it was Octavian and Leo again. On the ground was a broken vase.

"Those two really hate each other, don't they?" Piper said as they set the box down.

Hazel nodded glumly. "Leo is the only Greek on this ship and Octavian despises Greeks. And it doesn't help that Leo loves messing around. But everyone on this ship likes messing around, to be honest. We're like a family that jokes around."

"Should I stop the fighting?"

"If it gets too heated, then sure. But Leo doesn't mind fighting with Octavian, he thinks it's fun."

The stood there and watched as the two quarreled. "Are you doing this on purpose? I'm always the victim!" Octavian snapped.

"Well, you should have moved! You don't even help anyway! Piper just got here a few days ago and she's already fit in and helping! You've been here for, what? Two years? And all you do is stand there."

"My hands are too delicate to be hauling stuff around."

"Or maybe you're to weak and scrawny to!"

"That's it!" Octavian pulled out a knife. "I've had enough of you!"

"We should go stop them," Hazel said, running over with Piper in the trear.