~Chapter 15

It was quite awkward really. Percy was seated next to Annabeth. Her mother sat at the head of the table while her father sat at the other side. Her brothers sat across from them.

All Percy noticed was that the table was long. Very long. A bit to long for his taste. It was very long. It made him uncomfortable. 

"Percy, an I right?" Annabeth's dad said quizzically. "As in Percy Jackson, Prince of the Sea, one of the greatest outlaws?"

"Yup. That's me," Percy nervously said with an awkward chuckle.

Annabeth sighed with an eye roll. "Dad, mother already interrogated him before dinner, he doesn't need another one."

It was true. Queen Athena had dragged him to an empty hall. And asked him a lot of questions and kind of threatened him. But all was well. At least he thought it was, he wasn't sure. Surprisingly, he was more afraid of Queen Athena than King Frederick.

Now he knew where Annabeth got her fierceness and stubbornness from. Not her mom. Not her dad. But both. Which means she was twice as stubborn. Like he hadn't noticed already.

Annabeth elbowed him and he realized that Queen Athena had asked him a question. "Uh...." he stupidly said. "May you please repeat that?"

"What do you plan on doing in the future?"

"Uh, I'm not sure. Whatever Annabeth wants."

Annabeth smiled. Athena also flashed an unconscious smile. Under the table, he felt her hand clasp around his.

They ate food and then Percy pulled her aside, leaning against the wall. "Are....Wise Girl, are you gonna.." He couldn't bring himself to say it.

"Percy, I'm not staying," she said. "Me and my mother worked everything out."

"What about you and your father?"

Annabeth shrugged. "I don't really care. I mean..." She sighed.

"You do care."

She nodded glumly. "We never really got along. He was hoping for a boy. That's why he favors my brothers."

He ran his hand up and down her shoulders soothingly. "It's okay. After your mothers passes away, you'll be Queen."

She looked up at him, her eyes shining bright. "And you'll be King."

He looked surprised. Then he smiled. "King Percy and Queen Annabeth of the Athens and the Sea- I like it."

He grabbed her hands and kissed her softly. "I love you."

She smiled wider. "I love you too, Seaweed Brain."
•••

She walked into her old room. She hadn't stepped foot in it since she moved with Luke. The gray walls with owls painted all over it. It was beautiful.

Silver curtains covered the doors to the balcony. Drawers and desk and a bed were there. There was a mirror attached to the desk but she rarely looked at it.

She laid down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Memories flashed through her mind. Her furiously finishing her mathematics homework her tutor assigned her, her pretending to fight in a battle with an invisible sword, her twisting her ankle by falling off her bed.

She smiled. She truly did miss her home.

"Uh," Percy said from to doorway. "Can I join you?"

Annabeth nodded. He closed the door and laid next to her. "It's nice," he said. "The design in the walls are nice too."