--> Chapter 9

A week passed and they went to different ports each day, trading. It was tiring and exciting at the same time. The whole crew was busy with unloading and loading.

Jason was off the ship and talking to a man who was holding a box. Piper kept herself busy, helping around.

"Piper!!!" Dakota said, running over. "Have you seen a jade figure thing-ma-jig? It's like a pendent or something."

"Uh," Piper looked around, trying to remember. Then she ran to fourth pile and searched the crates. She found the one and quickly picked it up.

Dakota was swaying dangerously and would probably accidentally throw it overboard. "I'll give it to him," Piper said with a smile. "You should go sleep."

Dakota nodded dizzily. "Jason needs it fast so you better hurry."

She nodded, tucking it under her arm, pulling her dress up a bit to help her run. She ran down the ramp and saw Jason waiting. She sprinted to him and pushed the box into his hands, wheezing.

"Here," she breathed.

He smiled. "Thanks."

She was about to turn away when the unknown man said, "Wait." She looked at him. His eyes flicked up and down her body, making her step nearer to Jason.

"Can I help you?" She said politely with a smile.

"I want to change the deal," the man said. He was in his mid twenties and had dark, cruel eyes that set Piper on edge. His brown hair was tousled and blowing with the wind.

Jason looked at him. "I thought our deal was final."

"Well I wanna change it now," the man said curtly. "I don't want the jade."

"I don't mind taking the stone for free."

The man laughed coldly. "Instead of the jade, I want her." He pointed at Piper and her heart almost skipped a beat.

She looked at Jason, her eyes wide with fear and anxiety. She was scared. Would he make the deal? No, he couldn't. No. He won't. Her hands were shaking her, her heart pounding against her chest.

"That wasn't the deal," Jason said.

"Do you want the stone or not?" The man held out the box. "Your father would be disappointed."

"Jason?" Piper said quietly, her hand gripping her dress folds.

His eyes flickered from her to the box. "Dombolio, don't do this. The jade is worth even more than that stone."

"Who is this girl and why aren't you willing to trade her?"

"I'm not someone you can just trade around," Piper replied coldly.

"Dombolio, take the jade."

"And the girl? What a good deal!" Dombolio grabbed the crate with the jade in and and replaced it with the box. Then he grabbed Piper's arm and began dragging her away.

"What?! No! No!! Jason!!! Stop! Wait! JASON!!"

Dombolio pulled out ropes and started tying her wrists. "No!" Piper said. She was determined that she would not become a slave again. She kicked Dombolio in his groin, making him fall to the ground, and quickly shook off the ropes as she ran.

"Guards!!" Dombolio yelled.

"Stop!!" Jason ran in front of her, his sword out. "Stop, don't hurt her!"

"You got your jade, the deals done, Dombolio," Jason said. His voice steady. Piper's hands were trembling, her legs felt like jelly. "We're leaving now."