-->Chapter 3

Piper woke up and her eyes adjusted to the dim lighting of the room. She sat up, rubbing her eyes. The room was still cold. Very cold. What happened? Where was Annabeth? Whose room was this?

She looked around. It was a typical bedroom with a bed, nightstand and drawer. A picture hung on the wall.

She remembered a blonde guy named Jason Grace pulling her out of the water. She only recalled that from before she passed out.

It was a painting of that blonde Jason guy and a girl with spiky hair. She had on a silver jacket and pants on. It was rare to find a female not wearing a dress. She must be Thalia Grace. Jason did mention her, right? They both looked nothing alike except the sharp blue eyes.

Then Piper realized that she had no clothes on. She quickly pulled one of the thin blankets around her. She pulled her legs over the edge of the bed.

Her body still felt a bit tired out and sore. When she stood up, she immediately fell to the ground again. She cursed silently in Greek.

She grabbed the top of the foot of the bed and pushed herself up, her thin arm shaking a bit. Gods, why was she so tired?

She heard the door open and she looked up. It was Jason Grace. He quickly came over and she reluctantly allowed him to help her stand.

"Do you feel better?" His eyebrows were scrunched up in worry and he was holding onto her tightly.

She nodded through her trembling. She felt the room spin. Jason was getting very worried for her. The cold ocean water must've caused this. He could hear her breathing, which was shallow and slow.

"How long was I asleep?"

"A few hours, maybe you should get some more."

She shook her head. "I'm fine."

She was most definitely not fine. She was completely leaning on him and her shivering had only subsided a bit. She held onto the wall for more support.

"Piper, I don't think you are," he said. "Are you hungry?"

She shook her head but she was extremely hungry.

He didn't buy it. Jason pulled the blanket over her shoulders awkwardly. "I left some clothes on the chair. They're Hazel's. You can change into them while I get you some food."

He left her on the chair, the clothes on her lap, and she did as she was told. She pulled on the white lingerie and the rest of the undergarments that provided some warmth. Then she pulled on the dress.

It was mostly white, the sleeves ending at her mid bicep and it touched the floor. It was quite thin, unlike the dresses she'd worn before which were heavy. She was thankful for it's light weight.

The neckline was quite wide and revealed her collarbone but she had suffered worse than this. She was glad she did not need to endure the pains of a corset. She absolutely hated those, it was as if they originated from Tartarus itself.

"Beauty is pain," her mother had always said. And Piper couldn't agree more.

She was given sandals which she had a hard time strapping on because of her trembling hands. Her body was still shivering so she pulled the blanket over herself. She had no mirror so she couldn't see her appearance and she didn't know if she wanted to.

There was a knock on the door and Jason stepped in with a tray of food. He couldn't see the dress because of the blanket but she no doubt would have been stunning.

He set the food down on the night table. Her stomach was growling. He helped her onto the bed and pushed the tray into her lap as he sat next to her.

She ate slowly, trying to control her shivering. There was bread with chicken and some beans. She ignored the chicken and didn't touch it. Eating killed animals bothered her. But at the moment, what bothered her most was Jason's strong gaze on her. The close distance made her feel awkward, not the bad type of awkward though.

His leg was pressed against hers comfortably. He leaned in one arm, his hand behind her back. "Is it warmer?" He said, caressing her free hand.

She nodded. "Thank you."

Why was he so nice? Did he like her? Why would he like her? She did know that she was beautiful but she tried her best not to be. She didn't want people to like her because she had a pretty face.

She had cut her own hair and refused to wear any fancy dresses that had ruffles and exquisite coloring. Other than her beauty and her charmspeak, she was nothing.

She wasn't very good at fighting, she wasn't athletic and she wasn't that smart. She was useless really.

She tried her best to be useful, but sometimes, that only messed things up. She wished she was like Annabeth. Yes, Annabeth wasn't known for her beauty, even though she was pretty, she was knowledgeable.

Piper had nothing. That was why she envied Reyna. That's why she envied Annabeth sometimes.

The only thing Piper could do was make a pirate drag her out the water and cause him trouble.

"Do you remember what happened?" Jason said.

She was almost down eating and she shook her head. "I only remember you pulling me out the water."

"You were exhausted and you fell into the water, I jumped in to get you. You passed out."

She fell in the water. How humiliating. "Thank you again."

"It's no problem. Anything for you."

Her heart fluttered.

Had he really said that? Did she hear wrong? Anything for her? She turned to look and him and saw that he was staring at the wall with red cheeks. So he did say that. How sweet.

There was a knock on the door. "We need you up top. There's a fight brewing."

"Alright, thanks, Frank." The door closed. Jason stood up and turned to the girl. "Wanna come?" He held his hand out.

She didn't want to go back to sleep but if she stayed, she wouldn't have anything to do. She was too tired to think of an escape plan.

So she took his hand.