-->Chapter 2

He held her hand despite her protests and brought her across the boat, showing her around. He knew that she was dangerous, but he didn't know why he was keeping her alive.

She was beautiful. Very beautiful. She had tanned, chocolate skin with brown choppy hair. And her eyes were mesmerizing, changing color every time he blinked. She had a dirty brown dress and she had dirt and grime all over her face and body, yet she still was perfect.

She looked familiar for some reason. Why did she look familiar? Maybe he was going crazy.

He had introduced her to everyone in the crew. Everyone didn't seem to mind her.

"This is Leo," Jason said, introducing her to the crew. "Leo, Piper."

"Hello," Leo said with a wide grin. He had goggles on his head and his clothes were seared and steaming. He held out his hand. It was dirty and oily but Piper didn't seem to mind shaking it. "What's a pretty lady like you doing with my knucklehead best friend?"

Jason rolled his eyes as Piper laughed lightly, a musical and just as beautiful as her appearance sound. "Captured," Piper said simply.

"Technically," Jason protested. "I-"

"Eh, I was captured," Leo said with a shrug. "Got captured by these big guys with pretty nice mustaches. Then Jason found me." He punched Jason. "You may think he's a bad guy, but he's not- just a little dumb sometimes."

"You shouldn't be the one talking, Valdez," Jason said. "I heard you almost blew up the ship."

"By making a complicated mistake that takes a genius to solve- and I did solve it!" Leo replied. "And the ship is fine. Besides. I made this beauty! No one knows this ship better than me."

Jason sighed, looking up at the sky.

"I see you got your eye for someone," Leo said, wagging his eyebrows, his eyes flicking to their hands.

Piper quickly pulled her hand out. "He likes Reyna, obviously."

Jason blinked. "I do?"

Leo stared at him. "You do?"

Piper shrugged. "It doesn't take a genius to see that."

"I can't see it," Leo said, looking back and forth at them.

"Then you're not the genius you say you are."

"Wait- what?" Leo protested. "Yes I am! You can't make flying tables out of scraps, can you? I think not, Beauty Queen!"

"Don't call me that, Repair Boy."

"Wait, hold up," Jason said. "I never said I like Reyna."

Leo ignored him. "Anyway, I'm going back down to the engines. See you later, Beauty Queen."

Piper glared at him as he walked away.

"When did I say I liked Reyna?" Jason said.

Piper just walked over to the side and looked at the water, trying to stay awake. She held onto the railing to steady herself. "Who are you?"

"Me?" He tilted his head. "I'm Jason Grace. Son of Jupiter. I have a sister-"

"Thalia Grace. Isn't she part of the Hunters of Artemis?"

"Yeah. She's Greek. It's pretty confusing."

"Why aren't you living in the Castle of the Skies?"

"'Cause Juno, or Hera, threw me out. Jupiter/Zeus cheated on her with another woman. Twice. She tolerated Thalia but she couldn't stand a second baby from the same woman. So she kicked me out."