~Chapter 14

After watching Percy steer the ship so many times, Annabeth had an idea of how to control it. She had know idea where the Lands of Aphrodite were and she hoped Luke didn't know either.

"Do you even know where it is?" Luke snapped, his sword was still held against Percy. He had tied him to the mast.

Annabeth glared at him. "Don't underestimate my knowledge, Luke. I know what I'm doing."

After a few moments, Luke spoke up. "I change my mind," he marched to Annabeth as she took a few steps back, ready to defend herself. 

"Change your mind in what?"

"I'll marry you. Then kill you. And then I'll pretend to be heartbroken and and request a marriage with Princess Drew so that I have both the Athens and the Lands of Aphrodite. It is more than you offered."

Annabeth tried to think quickly. "But with so much land, you might make a mistake and the people will rebel against you."

"Don't underestimate my power, Annabeth," he mocked. He pointed his sword at her. "We're going home. Howard, steer the ship back to the Athens."

His companion took the wheel and the boat turned. Annabeth threw her knife. The blade spun around, sailing threw the air and landed with a thunk- cutting Percy's ropes off.

And as the ropes fell, he summoned a wave into the boat, knocking Luke off his feet.

Annabeth punched his face but he blocked it, grabbing her wrist and slamming her onto the wood. She saw Percy fighting with Howard.

She spun herself and ax-kicked Luke's chest causing him to give a yell. She got up and punched his nose.

She tried throwing a second hit but he grabbed her arms again, spinning her around as he jumped up, choking her.

She gasped for air. Then she kicked his leg with the heel of her foot and flipped him over as hard as she could. She pulled out her gun and shot his leg. He cried out and clutched his knee.

"That was for everything you did to me," she hissed. "You don't deserve power, you deserve pain. You deserve to live in Tartarus for the rest of your life."

She heard a loud boom and the boat lurched to the side. She quickly regained her balance and stepped on Luke's chest.

Then he laughed. "Oh I did a lot worse than hit you!"

Annabeth stared at him. "Whatever you did doesn't matter. You're about to die."

"You don't have the guts to kill me."

"No. I don't." She grabbed a rope and tide his arms and legs. Then she attatched and anchor to him.

"You know, you were pregnant."

Annabeth's heart jumped. "Don't lie to me."

"I got a potion from Ceres. A sleeping potion and out some in your wine. And then I did what I want. And when I got drunk and cut you with my sword, remember that? I wasn't drunk. I had found out that you were pregnant and I had to make sure you weren't."

Another boom and wood was flying everywhere.

Annabeth slapped his face. "You killed a living being!!! You raped me!! You bastard!"

Then she felt an arm around her. She looked up to find Percy, anger dancing in his eyes. Another boom.

He stepped in front of her and punched Luke harder than Zeus could zap his lightning with. Blood splattered onto the wood.