Chapter 6

~It’s your sad reality~

Lauren’s POV

I sat restlessly on the chair, pounding my pen on the desk in an impatient pace. The clock ticked away the residual minutes of the day as I was eager to get out. Ally hadn’t shown herself in three days and I’d been banned from visiting her. The constant threat that floated the air was the only thing that held back my urge to check upon her. The minutes were up and I ran out with my bag slung over my shoulder.

I barged out of the classroom and ran over a girl causing us both to land on the floor. I pulled myself up and in reflex I sneered at the girl.

The girl got up and surprised me by shooting me a death glare that most people would have sense enough to never do.

«Jesus Lauren, no need to run me over.»

I froze and my eyes were drawn up her body like a magnet, but landed on her perfect lips.

«Hello, anybody home?»

I shook my head and finally collected the words until they formed an approved sentence, «I have to go.» I avoided her questioning look, but felt her fingers lock around my wrist.

«Come with me Lo.»

We ended up in the same bevelled area we’d shared our second kiss and she rested her arms on her hips.

«What you want?» I bit my tongue at my harsh voice.

«What is up with you? The last three days you’ve gone around like a headless chicken?» She sounded sincerely worried, but there was not a single part of my body with enough energy to deal with this.

«I don’t have time for this Camila.» I answered massaging my temples with my fingers. 

«What is that?» She said taking a step forward and touching my cheek. I’d tried covering the bruise with make-up, but some of it was too red to be hidden.

«Nothing Camila. How about you don’t worry so much?» I snapped, but reached for her when her eyes become glossy. «I’m sorry...it’s just...everything is so complicated.»

She gave in to my touch and let me pull her into a heartfelt hug. I let my head rest on the top of her head. I don’t know why I reacted to her like this, a part of me explained it with pure lust. Sadly something inside of me knew that it was a despicable excuse. I let go off her and distanced myself.

«I have to go.» I rushed past her but once again she refused to let me flee the scene.

«Lauren, are you going to the party later?» Her eyes were dead-serious and I thought about it for a moment.

I knew about it, it was one of Zoey Parker’s annual pool parties. Even I had to admit that they were legendary. Her eyes were still fixated on mine.

«Sorry Camila, I’ve more important things to handle than having fun at some stupid girl's party.» I lied weakly, Camila's sweet scent messing with my concentration, but worst of all, my sanity.

«Like what? What do the all-mighty Lauren Jauregui have to do that is so important?» She carried on the conversation and I really wanted to avoid answering, but something about the way her lips moved and the words came flowing out made me watch her with interest.

I decided to throw her off, «I’m going to hook up with some girls.» I lied, but flashed her a cocky smile.

She responded by taking a step back in disgust, pulling a grimace «Ok, have fun then Lauren.» She spat out, evidently revolted by my blunt comment.