Chapter 23

~And just like the seasons change~

Lauren's POV

«Lauren! What are you doing here?» Camila screamed in ecstasy and I gave her a wide smile, meeting her and the others. «I wanted to see you.» I answered honestly and brought one hand up to the side of her face, pulling her closer and kissing her on the lips. Almost three weeks without her touch and I’d been close to going completely mental. «Where’s my kiss Laur?» Ally feigned hurt and came over to us, accompanied by Dinah and Normani. «Right here!» I said and embraced her, but before she could wriggle herself out of my grip I licked her cheek.

«Fuck you Laur!» Ally hissed and wiped off the wet track my tongue left on her face. I only laughed and gave her a light shove. She was about to punch my side in revenge, but I put my hand up, «Can't you see I'm hurt?» I said and was genuinely amused by the retraction of her hand and the sulky expression that expanded across her face. «You look good Lauren.» Normani said sarcastically but with a smile. I studied my own body, which was more blue than anything else and pulled a weird face, «I do, don't I?» I said and looked at Camila who rolled her eyes.

«Don't worry about me Camz. I'm fine.» I assured her and kissed her cheek. In that moment Kylie and her friends passed us, intentionally pushing me. I sent her a death glare but she only smirked and gave Ally a quick glance that came by unnoticed by everyone else. I'd been so close to rattle her out to the police, but I'd let my better judgement get away with me. I knew the way of revenge and it wasn't to bring the police in, rather handle it the old-fashioned way. Beside I already had the plan ready, but I had to wait until Camila wasn't close before I could put it into action.

«Want me to carry your books Camz?» I offered and she gave me a heartfelt smile that could kill me right on the spot. «No, you're the hurt one remember?» She said and I grabbed her books to prove her wrong but had to return them cause of the agony that erupted in my side. «See? You don't always have to play so tough Lo.» Camila chuckled into my ear and I gave her a humble smile. She grabbed my hand and led us out of the hall and over to her classroom, «Later?» Camila offered and fixed the edges of my leather jacket, mesmerizing me with her brown eyes.

«Definitely.» I accepted and kissed her on the lips softly, causing my own stomach to flip. I watched as she walked into her classroom, giving me a wink before she found her seat next to Normani and Dinah. «You sure you want to do this?» Ally asked with worried expression, something she’d with good reason. What I planned could either end the rivalry or it could lead to the start of something much bigger than ourselves, either way, it was a risk I had to take. For me, for Ally, but most importantly for Camila, to prove I’m willing to show her that I’m not accepting this as my legacy.

«Kylie.» I said when I approached her from behind, watching as she bent over to drink from the water supply, but turned when she heard my voice. Her eyes flickered from me to Ally and than back to me. I knew Ally observed her, ready to avert any future attack. I took a looming step closer to Kylie who reciprocated Ally's gaze, following my every movement with interest, we'll aware that the possibility of me seeking revenge was high, just like the stakes. «I killed that boy.» I admitted and watched her eyes grow wide, she'd definitely not expected an admission, nevertheless anyone like this.

«Why are you coming clean Jauregui, you could have gotten away with murder?» She asked curiously whole eyeing me suspiciously after any ulterior motives. «Because, you almost killed me. And I would call us even.» I hissed at her, «Anyway, that boy of yours assaulted me first. The knife inside of him belonged to you, therefor I would almost say that it's you who failed to teach him how to behave. His blood is on your hands.» I spat at her, trying to hide my trembling hands when talking about the incident. I didn't speak the truth when I said it wasn't my fault, I still believed that the blood was on my hands, but if I wanted any chance of a ceasefire of any kind I had to reason it as best as I could.