Chapter 8

~And all your left with all these questions~

Lauren’s POV

I woke up on my side. My eyelids flickered and I felt the warmth from the tiny person tucked into my arms. Her breathing was steady and I inhaled her intoxicating scent, feeling it spread throughout my system. It was an extraordinary sensation. Her eyes were closed, but I could glimpse a smile in the corner of her mouth.

«Camz, I know you’re awake.» I said resting my head on my arm, delighted to see her reveal her brown orbs. 

«How did you know?» She muttered before letting out a cute yawn.

«Because you can’t hide that beautiful smile.» I smiled and a light red color spread in her cheeks and she turned away.«No, don’t do that. Don’t look away.» I urged tracing her jawline with my thumb. «It makes it impossible for me.»

«Impossible to do what?» She asked confused. A smirk erupted on my face before I leaned forward and connected our lips.

The morning had been perfect, it wasn’t a single soul in the house which meant we had it to ourselves. I got into the bathroom and studied the lump that had now gotten purple and it pounded every time the blood rushed through it. I really needed to get someone to check that out. I walked out of the door only to see Camila standing there without my shirt changing into hers. Her back was revealed and my jaw dropped at the beautiful sight.

My eyes roamed down her figure, but I quickly turned around. I didn’t want to be rude and stare so I went over to my cabinet and pretended to search for anything that could be a good excuse. I closed the drawer sufficiently, allowing her to realize my present.

«You want something to eat?» I asked awkwardly, girls never stayed over the night, usually they were gone before I woke up.

«Of course I’m starving!» She burst out and her eyes beamed with excitement, but it quickly turned into a shy smile. «I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so forward..»

«It’s okay Camz, I don’t mind.» I chuckled while heading towards the kitchen with her close behind.

«Why do you keep calling me Camz?» I heard from the back. I hadn’t even been conscious about my choice of word.

«I don’t know, I like it.» I replied honestly. No other words were exchanged until we reached the kitchen and she brushed past me smiling.

«So do I.»

I soughed trough the cupboards, looking for anything eatable. I hadn’t had much time to go to the grocery shop so the most optimal I could offer was cereals. I found two bowls and a carton of milk, which I placed on the table. I opened the kitchen drawer and felt arms surrounding me. My instincts took over and I wriggled out of it with my heart beating in an unsteady pace. 

«I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.» Camila apologized with a hurt look across her face.

I breathed out relieved, «No, I’m sorry. It was just my standard reaction.» I grabbed both of her hands and pulled her close. «I don’t mind this at all.» I whispered before pecking her lips.

«Mhm.» She murmured, «Me neither.» 

«Do you want to go out today?» I asked with my fingers crossed.

«Yes, but you should go and get that fixed.» She said while caressing my stomach with her hand.

I sighed, «You’re probably right.» I leaned in, but she put her finger up, stopping me.

«Sorry Lauren, but this girl really needs food and that right now.» I laughed at her desperate need of food.

«Sure.» I answered and gave her the spoon. She smiled wide and walked over to the table. Seeing her smile at me made believe that anything was possible.