Chapter 17

~I have a dream for you~

Camila’s POV

«Do you have to go?» I whined with her arms wrapped around my body. We were lying in bed after the dinner that turned out to be the most successful one ever. «I don’t think your parents will appreciate me spending the night.» She joked while I played with the ends of her long hair and she traced gentle kisses on my shoulder. «My parents like you.» I murmured satisfied. «I like them too.» She replied and I could feel her smile in the delicate contact her lips made with my skin, until the finally reached my mouth and pecked my lips.

«I’m sorry, but I do have to go.» She lifted up my weight and I groaned. «Lauren, please.» I begged and she gave me a cocky smile, «I do love you begging.» She bowed down, supporting herself on my thighs and mesmerizing me with her emerald eyes. «But I love this so much more.» She attached our lips for the last time before walking backwards, «Good luck on the interview, don’t be nervous, you’ll be fine.» She assured me and gave me a small wave before exiting the room. 

I threw myself back and let out a relieved sigh. The day had been more outstanding than I could ever have forseen. Lauren had been nothing less than exemplary and my parents, oddly enough, acted more like themselves then they had in a long time. I went to my bathroom and brushed my teeth, getting on a huge t-shirt before lying down in bed again, inhaling the unique scent that Lauren left after her.

Right when my eyelids felt heavier than my eyes could manage, my mother opened the door slowly. «I just wanted to say that, your dad and I have talked. We do approve on you and Lauren.» She gave me a smile and I knew it was hard for her to admit this. I never understood how much I’d seeked her approval, but hearing those words actualized it.

«Thank you.» I smiled genuinely and she kissed my forehead like she used to do when I was younger, «Get some sleep before your interview tomorrow.» She turned off the switch, leaving me in complete darkness with my thoughts. The interview would be my first since I came out with the groundbreaking novelty about Lauren and mine’s relationship. I could never prepare properly for these sort of things, but I decided to keep to my values and honesty was definitely one of them.

My palms were sweaty and I bit my lips nervously, stealing glances through the gap of the curtains that separated me from the scene. There was so many people out there staring at the stage that even standing safely hidden behind the curtains made me nervous. People may believe I was both outgoing and fearless, but that was only on stage. When on stage I felt the adrenaline rush amplified by the positive aura that the cheering crowd radiated towards me. I fed on their energy, while in interviews my clumsy and awkward self appeared, more than appropriate. 

«Camila.» Robert came to me and put his hand on my shoulder. «Remember, bright smile!» I nodded to him, not wanting to worry him with my shaky voice. «Oh Camila. Try to steer away from the whole subject of Lauren.» He advised with a serious look, telling me that no good would turn out if I defied it. «My guest today is no one but the well publicized and beautiful Camila Cabello!» The old man’s voice was probably hearable from the moon.

I stepped through the opening, waving to the audience that lauded me from the second I entered. «You look beautiful.» David Letterman acclaimed me after I’d arrived in his couch. «Thank you.» I smiled gratefully, trying to converse over the loud noise from the audience that filled the room. «How are you?» He asked. «I’m good.» I answered, trying to hide the fact that my hands were shaking uncontrollably.  

«Good good,» He answered. I studied him and resolved my mysterious comparison, it was James that he’d reminded me about. «A little bird twittered in my ear that you have an upcoming tour?» He started with a facial expression of actual interest. Damn, he was good. My guess was that he’d been told to speak about this, trying to create as much fuss about my tour as possible.