Chapter 22

~You’ll change the course of generations~

Lauren's POV

Four months with Camila, months filled with happiness and love and passionate love. Never in my entire life did I once believe that I would be fortunate to find someone to love, or who loved me. In my surroundings true love didn't exist, it was either based on pure lust or the taste of revenge. It might be stupid to drag Camilla with me into my world, but nothing could keep me away from her either. Everything was better after fate had brought us together. Yeh, I'd never been much of a believer, but something bigger had to have been in the picture for me to be blessed with something as great as Camila.  

Camila was truly something special. She'd cracked the Lauren Jauregui code within minutes after our first meet. Never did I believe that I'd forgive my mother either, nevertheless talking to her about it. Everything wasn't a hundred percent okay, but I'd accepted the fact that it would take time to rebuild the relationship to my mother, to get rid of the feelings of betrayal and anger that had consumed me for so many years. I couldn't take all the credit for the positive progress in my life alone though, Camila was definitely a huge factor, if not the entire reason alone that things had improved in my life.

Therefor I was doing something I never in my wildest dreams would think of, I was walking down the streets to a flower store. I got to the door and debated in my mind for a second before I grabbed the handle and opened it. Hearing the sound of a bell and the powerful smell blowing into me like a brick wall. 

I felt dizzy from the unusual scents, but walked further to the counter, meeting the eyes of a fairly young man, who stared at me amazed. «Hello. Um, I'm here to get some flowers.» I said and received a questioning glare from the man before mentally face palming myself. Like seriously Lauren, what would he think you'd be getting in a flower shop, groceries? 

I waited for the man to laugh, but instead he gave me a smile, «So I take it as it's your first time, with all the respect.» He said and I nodded my head, settling with the fact that it had to been pretty obvious by the way I looked at the flowers with wide eyes. «Who's the lucky one?» He asked and I stood there speechless, trying to stutter out something inaudible. «My.. Um, my girlfriend..» I finally spoke and the man's eyes glowed with excitement and he burst out, «Amazing!» Before clapping his hands together. It was first now I realized the obvious, great gaydar Lauren. 

«Well, my boyfriend isn't the biggest romantic, but I'd be thrilled to get a few roses.» The man said and turned around to the different flowers behind him. «What is the special occasion?» He asked with an eager voice, «Our four months anniversary.» I said and was astonished by the proudness in my own voice. 

The man seemed troubled with figuring out which ones so I pointed to the bunch of yellow roses suggestively, «What about those?» I asked and the man snorted in return, «No no honey. Yellow roses says friendship, certainly not what a girl on your age wants from their girlfriend.» I quirked an eyebrow, did really the color of the rose have a special meaning.

«I know it!» The man exclaimed and stared at me, «Tell me what you like about her?» I sunk together at the thought of sharing my inner feelings with a stranger, but if it was to ensure Camila the perfect gift I'd just had to jump in it. 

«She's beautiful, but not the normal kind, she's not the head turner you see when you walk on the beach or down the streets. She's the girl that if you really look at her, behind her stunning appearance you'll find a soul, richer and wiser than anyone else's. I like that I can talk to her, without being judged because of my mistakes, and those are a lot. She's not my usual type, she's sweet and innocent and I love that about her.» I said and realized that talking about Camila came more naturally than I would ever think.