Chapter 25

~You’re bringing new life to your family tree now~

No one’s POV

«Thank you!» Camila screamed out to the thousands of fans that were cheering me on, «You guys were amazing!» She thanked them once more before walking off stage, into the arms of Dinah and Normani. 

«You did great!» Normani cheered and Dinah jumped in excitement, «They’re so loud, you totally rocked them.» Camila laughed at their reaction, this was the first time in two years that they’d actually come to visit her in a concert. They’d been so busy with graduation and the beginning of their own lives, though, they’d all kept in touch as much as possible.

The last two years had been extremely hectic for Camila, as soon as she could function properly, meaning she was able to pronounce a sentence and walk more than to her bathroom she’d gone on the awaiting tour, visiting countries world-wide. Regardless of all the pain it had been a blast, she’d officially got to meet Austin Mahone. 

Turned out he was a super nice guy with a great personality. The media went crazy when Camila announced him as one of her guest performers, speculations about their secret romance were everywhere. None of them was true though. Camila still hadn’t gotten over, you-know-who, as Dinah would refer to her as.

Camila had forced herself to get over her though, it had been six months since the break up, or not break up because it was more like a conversation between Lauren and herself. Camila hadn’t managed to say a word and Lauren hadn’t given her a chance to ask or get answers either. Camila settled with the fact that maybe it wasn’t as real for Lauren as it had been for her, but she loved the memories, treasured them even, because for her they’d always been real. 

«Camila!» Normani snapped her fingers and Camila  turned back to face her, «Sorry, I was thinking, what did you say?»  She asked and Normani gave her a knowingly smile, «We figured.. I just said that we had to leave for now, but we’ll talk to you when you’re back.» They said and hugged Camila one last time, «I understand, thank you guys so much for coming.» Camila thanked them and received warm smiles in return from her bestfriends.

After her friends left Camila sat in her chair, removing the make-up that had covered her face. Once again she was alone. She shrugged of the life she’d chosen, doubting that it had been the right one. The pop-star life was a lonely life, with no one by her side things got seemingly heavier each day that passed. Camila sighed and put away the napkin, bending down over her purse to grab her phone, but was abrupt by someone she’d not spoken to for two years, but that had still been in her mind everyday since.

«Camila.» A husky voice resounded through the room, causing Camila to immediately dropped her phone and freeze, unable to turn around. «Lauren.» She breathed out, refusing to turn around to meet the gaze of the girl who broke her heart. «It’s been long..» Lauren stated the obvious and caused Camila to swing around, filled up with rage.

She studied the girl who stood in her doorway with her hands in her pockets, looking somehow shy. Camila eyed her, seeing the change in her features. Her face was more soft and her standard leather jacket and boots were replaced with, to Camila’s astonishment a college jacket and plain white converse. Only object that reminded Camila of the old Lauren was the black beanie that caused memories of their first meeting to flow back. On the other hand, Camila could spot countless of more scars than last time she saw her. Regardless of her changes she still radiated the same confident and was still as beautiful as ever, if not more.

«Hey Camila.» Lauren repeated herself, mentally slapping herself for sounding so nervous. Camila only eyed the girl, giving her no signs on answering and when no words were exchanged Lauren spoke up again. «You look good.» Camila bit down on her bottom lip, hearing Lauren compliment her, the girl still manage to make her heart flutter and she loathed it, the fact that someone that broke her heart on purpose could still make her feel beautiful. Lies Camila, remember that, she lies, she reminded herself.