Chapter 21

~And you’re gonna hold your kids~

Lauren's POV

I stood with the bag in my hand, more disgusted with it than ever. I picked up the ones I managed to carry and ran into the house towards the toilet, without hesitation I poured them out and flushed down. I watched as the powder circled around before disappearing out of my life. I'd have to pay for this later, but it would be worth it, if I could still have Camila in my life.

I checked my phone, no messages or calls. I dialed Camila's number, trying to be as patient as possible, but it was hard when she didn't pick up until minutes had passed and I'd tried call for the fifth time. I didn't know what to say, the words I'd planned didn't even make it past the back of my tongue, my throat was so dry that I had to literally swallow numerous of times.

'Lauren, I really hope you called to tell me you chose me.' She said in a joke-full manner, but I could sense the hidden seriousness.

«Camila, I choose you.» I confirmed with a lump in my throat trying to hold back my tears.

'You sure? You know I'm basically asking you to give up your father's legacy, or more specifically his business within the Jauregui's.' I listened to her soft voice that sounded so light even if the subject was serious, at this point Camila was thinking more about the consequences than me, but I just wanted her, correction: I needed her. Which meant I had to do whatever it took to keep her in my life. I quickly said bye, having another idea in mind. 

I walked out and strapped on the helmet, already speeding away towards Camila's home. A few paparazzi were outside her house, but I'd learned to deal with it. «Camila!» I shouted, screwing the people around. She opened her window and looked down with a shocked expression.

«Lauren seriously?! Get in.» She said angry and I opened the door, heading for her room. «Lauren, you're insane! There's paparazzi out there.» She told me cranky. 

Instead of answering her I ran up the stairs and kissed her, feeling the need of her lips on mine. After I released her face her eyes were still closed and I enjoyed the sight of seeing her reveal her brown orbs.

«Camila, I love you.» I said and had never meant any words more than I did in that second minute.

She gave me a wide smile in return and stroked my chin with her thumb, «I love you too Lauren.» 

«Are you staying in the Jauregui’s?» Camila asked me as I played with her fingers mindlessly. I thought about my reply for a moment, debating my options.

«I don't have a choice.» I answered and everything got silent.

«There's always a choice Lo. You can go to college?» She suggested and I frowned in disbelief. 

«No Jauregui's have never completed college.» I said and thought it was a verified argument. She looked at me with an intelligent expression.

«Then be the first. Take an education, get a job.» She said and I let my gaze slip away from hers for a second, thinking about it. She rested her arm and head on my chest. I intertwined our fingers and let my free hand stroke her back.

«A house.» I suddenly said, breaking the silence. «What house do you want?» Camila asked casually, waiting for me to reply.

«A big one, but not too big. Actually I want a regular size, with a white fence and a garden big enough for two small children.» I let my mind describe more than just my house without putting any effort in it.

«You want children?» Camila asked surprised and I also was astonished by my own admission. 

«In an ideal world. Not in this life, no.» I answered honestly, watching her expression go from amazed to confused in less than a second.