Chapter Eleven

Jacob

"What the fuck is this?" Donny slams the backpack down on the table in front of him. "You don't have to be a fucking mathematician, Jacob! I told you do not fuck up my math!"

"I'm sorry." I mumble, staring down at the ground. I've been so off since I walked away from Aria. That funny feeling has been in my chest for the longest of time and I'm not sure if I'm mad, sad, angry, or irritated. I'm not even sure who to blame. It went so wrong, and I just walked away. I left her there and I can't understand why. I should've done something; anything. I left her there and I'm not sure if I can face her again. The thought physically makes my head spin.

"Are you even fucking listening to me?!" Donny hisses, throwing items around the room like a child throwing a temper-tantrum. Thunder rolls over the house and lightning strikes in the window behind him, making him look especially angry.

I look up at him and stare blankly. I want to cuss him out. I want to leave. I want to cuss him out then leave. I can't be here. I can't focus. I can't think of anything but Aria and it's driving me insane. I've never been so caught up over a girl before, I don't know how to react to it.

"You're a fucking joke." Donny bumps past me, mumbling profanities. "Get the fuck out, I don't even want to see you right now. I swear you're lucky I liked your father." His last sentence bites, but I walk away, only thinking of Aria.

I run to my car and get inside. I stare at my steering wheel, thinking of what to do next. I pull out my phone and bring up Aria's contact number as the rain starts pouring harder. No answer. I call again, but no answer. I call six more times before she picks up the phone.

"Stop calling me Jacob." She hisses. She sounds hurt, but behind it is still anger.

"Please let me see you." I plead. I never beg, God what is she doing to me? I've never begged a girl in my life and I didn't think I'd see the day.

"No, so stop calling."

"You know I'm going to show up anyway, Aria." I warn. I hear a light sigh on the other end before the line goes dead. I put my phone down and something inside my chest stings. I brush it off, start my car, and drive off.

Aria

The rain pours hard as I lay in the dark, watching the lightning strike through my curtains. I listen to the thunder as it roars, shaking my house. It's 1 in the morning and Jacob hasn't called since. I don't know what I'm waiting for, I know I shouldn't expect much more from him. I sort of gave up trying. I feel like I can't look at him the same. His face is still embedded in my mind. The way he looked at me, his eyes were so distant and his mind seemed so cloudy. He couldn't even look me in the eyes.

I'm pulled from my thoughts by a familiar tapping sound on my window. I immediately stare as thunder sounds in the distance. I throw the covers off of my body and stand up. After slipping a robe over my gown, I walk to my window and open it slowly.

Jacob quickly climbs in and shuts the window afterwards. I stand in front of him with my arms crossed in front of me. I watch as he bites his lip and runs a hand through his wet hair. He looks nervous, which is a new look for him. His eyes are bloodshot red and he still can't stare me in the face.

"You should've waited for the rain to stop," I mumble, looking at his wet clothes. He looks at me and bites him lip, lust creeping in his eyes. He clenches his jaw and slowly lets his eyes graze over my body. I pull my robe closer to my body and clear my throat. "What did you want?"

"You," he simply states. He takes my wrists and uncrosses my arms. He slowly walks me back until my back is against the wall. "I want you." He says, staring down at my lips.

He presses his damp body against mine, and I feel my breath escape without my consent. I want to deny him. I want to tell him no. It's like every time he touches me, I can't find the will to oppose him. I can't find the will to do anything but melt in his fingers. He's got me and there's no escaping that. I want him, but I never know what the future holds for us. He's so hard to depict. One minute we're fine, but the next is unpredictable.

I slip back into reality and realize he's planting soft kisses on my neck. I lick my lips as my thoughts become mush in my mind.

"Jacob." I groan, grabbing his broad shoulders. He kisses my neck once more before looking into my eyes.

"I want to tell you about me." His sentence throws me off guard. I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion. "I'm ready to tell you."

"I'm listening." I whisper, getting ready to bare the truth...