Chapter 2

It was 11:00 am when Zoe slowly opened her eyes. The sunglight peeped through her curtains and landed right on her face. She squeezed her eyes shut and groaned. Slowly enough, she sat up and frowned. She looked at her clock and groaned again. Then, she fell face down on her bed again. It was way too early for a summer day, she thought. Her phone buzzed on her nightstand, making her jump. She sat up again and finally rubbed her eyes. They still felt heavy. 

She reached for her phone. Three new messages.

From Yazziepants :)) : "Wanna hang out todayyy?"  

Zoe figured she would answer later and opened the next message.

From JennPenn x: "I wanna party tonight!" 

She chuckled by herself and opened the last message.

"I'll be there at 10 am. See you, sweetiepie." Zoe frowned. Who was this? She looked at the name. Granny. 

Realization hit her and her eyes grew wide. She quickly jumped out of bed and put on some jean shorts and a tank top, brushed her hair and teeth and put on a bit of make-up. She knew that if she went downstairs in her pyjamas, her grandmother would be very mad. Last time she did that, granny yelled at her for being unrespectful. 

Once Zoe was ready, she went downstairs to find her granny in the kitchen cleaning up and mumbling by herself. Zoe couldn't figure out what she was saying. 

"Goodmorning, nan." Zoe said, making her old granny jump. 

"Oh my goodness, Zoe! You made me jump!" The old lady said, holding onto her heart. Zoe giggled and pecked her wrinkled cheek. 

"Had a good sleep, sweetie?" Granny asked as she continued cleaning up. Zoe grabbed an apple from the bowl on the kitchen counter and took a bite from it while she nodded in response. 

"A bit more polite, young lady." Grandma nearly yelled. Zoe swallowed. 

"Yes, granny. I had a very good night rest, thank you." Zoe said. Her granny smiled. 

"That's better." 

When Zoe finished her apple, she went back upstairs. She needed to get out. She couldn't be here when her granny was. The only reason she was there was because she needed to keep an eye on Zoe. While Zoe thought she could handle it all alone. 

Zoe grabbed her phone and figured she hadn't answered any texts. When she unlocked her phone, she saw she had another text. This one was from Katy. 

From Katy: "Party at my house tonight. Wanna come?" 

Katy was a girl from school. She was kind of religious and probably the best student. Zoe and Katy had to do a couple of projects together in the past, but besides that Zoe barely talked to her.

She dialed Yasmine's number.

"Oi!" It sounded from Yasmine's side of the line.

"Aye!" Zoe said.

Yasmine and Zoe were best friends since one year ago, but even then she didn't get along with Zoe's parents. They thought Yasmine was a bad influence for her. In reality, Yasmine was a better person than Zoe. She was a bit chubbier, but she was perfect to Zoe. Yasmine had a sparkling personality and she was hilarious as hell! Zoe didn't care if she weighed more or less, if she was taller or smaller than her. Yasmine was Zoe's friend and that would never change.

"Please take me away from here." Zoe said and fell onto her bed, face down.

"What happened?" Zoe rolled over so she was on her back.