Chapter 12

Calum woke up the next morning with Zoe still asleep on his chest. Her hair laid messily across her face, making him smile. He carefully wiped the hair out of her face, trying not to wake her up. She looked so beautiful when she was asleep. Well, she always does but Calum thought this was special. She looked so peaceful. As if she was happy, really happy. No cares or fears.

He wondered what she was dreaming about as the corners of her mouth curled up into a precious smile. He stroke her bare shoulder with his fingertips and pressed a kiss on her hair.

He remembered the first time he saw her and how beautiful she looked. He remembered the first time they spoke and how her lips moved when she talked. The first time they kissed and how her lips tasted like cherry.

Zoe shook him out of his day dream when she slowly moved, meaning she woke up. A small groan escaped from her perfect lips and her hands went up to her eyes to rub the sleep out of them.

"Morning, beautiful." Calum greeted with a smile whilst Zoe sat up straight.

She went through her hair with her hand and smiled back.

"Morning." She leaned in and pressed her lips onto his for a good morning kiss.

Then she got up and walked into the kitchen. Calum followed her with his eyes and smiled when his gaze fell on her ass which was softly swaying with every step she took.

Calum coughed.

"I'm going to the uhh... bathroom..." He stated awkwardly while getting up and walking to the bathroom as fast as possible.

Zoe laughed and shook her head while starting to make eggs for breakfast. She softly hummed a song that was stuck in her head and swayed her hips. Talking about her past as a dancer made her think; why not start again? She was eighteen, she could do whatever she wanted.

She shook her head, shaking herself from her ridiculous thoughts and concentrated on the eggs so they wouldn't burn. That's when she felt a pair of arms snake around her hips, pulling her close and pressing warm lips in her neck. She smiled and turned around. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his lips.

"Set the table." She mumbled against his lips and pulled away soon after.

She turned back to the eggs whilst Calum set the table. Zoe put the eggs on the two plates and they started eating. They enjoyed the delicious made breakfast and each other's company. When they had finished, they started to do the dishes and teased each other by splashing water and soap on each other.

"Calum, stop. I don't want to clean the whole kitchen." Zoe laughed as she looked at the wet floor.

They heard a door close and footsteps in the hallway, then coming closer. Calum looked confused at his girlfriend while drying a plate with his towel.

"Zoe, I got your mail. Girl, you need to open that mail box more often. I'm not--" granny walked in the kitchen and stopped when she saw Calum.

"Hi gran." Zoe smiled awkwardly.

"Who's this?" She asked rudely.

Whenever Zoe brought home a guy, granny needed to know everything. She started being rude and pretended to be the 'stern grandmother', but when she approved of the guy, she started to losen up and then she was a lot more polite. The granny-polite. Squeezing cheeks and that sort.

"This is Calum." Zoe introduced her boy while drying her hands on his towel and moving closer to her granny, taking the mail from her.

"Calum who?"

"Calum Hood."

Granny looked at him from head to toe while he put the plate in the cupboard and dried off his hands. He put the towel on a chair to dry and walked over to granny.