Chapter 22

The next morning went by pretty slow and lazily. Calum and Zoe didn't leave their bed until 11:28. They just didn't want to move. At around 12, they decided to get up anyways. Joy had prepared a delicious breakfast and the couple ate it. They finished around 12:30 and decided on going to the zoo. Calum thought it would take Zoe's mind off of Elise and all that.

Zoe put on jeans and a tank top with black ankle booties. She put on a normal ammount of makeup and braided her bangs, then pinned them back with a bobby pin. Her glasses were the last thing she put on. Calum had never seen her with glasses and she was kind of nervous about it, but she figured that if she wanted to see the animals from a distance, she had to wear them.

"You ready, ba--" Calum stopped in his tracks when he saw Zoe's glasses. "You were glasses?"

"Yeah... I-I uhh... I don't wear them often, because I look like an absolute nerd, but I really want to see everything today, so..." She was feeling insecure because of his reaction. He didn't mean it like that though. He stepped closer to her and put his hands on her hips as he looked into his glassed girlfriend's eyes.

"You look cute, baby boo. Please put them on more often?" Zoe giggled.

"You like my face better with glasses on?" She asked him, eyebrows raised.

"No... I-I... It just shows me you don't feel awkward or insecure when I'm around, okay?" Zoe nodded and kissed his lips before leaving the house. The zoo wasn't too far away from them, but they took the bus anyway. Lazy bones.

They walked through the park hand in hand, looking at the animals. Zoe remembered when she came here with her parents and Joe when she was little. That was the last time she's ever been to a zoo.

They looked at the flamingos. Zoe remembered how Joe, Aiden and Brad would pretend to be them and balance on one leg. When Zoe tried it back then, she fell. Now she laughed at it. She was such a loser.

"What are you thinking about, baby boo?" Calum asked, looking at his smiling girl.

"When I was younger, me, Joe, Aiden and Brad used to pretend to be flamingos and balanced on one leg, but I fell. I was such a loser." She explained, the smile not leaving her lips. Calum laughed.

"Yep, you are a loser." Zoe looked at him and pouted. Her eyebrows knitted together. Her normal "Don't say that, meanie"-face. Calum laughed and kissed her cheek. "But you're my loser." Zoe's face softened and she smiled, giving Calum a kiss back on the lips.

They continued to stroll through the park. They saw buffaloes, antilopes, giraffes, elephants and other animals they didn't know the name of. Everytime they stopped, they talked about how cute or how weird those animals looked and they would bring up memories from when they were little. Whether it was Zoe with her parents or Calum with his friends or sister. They always had something to say.

When they arrived at the penguins, Zoe couldn't help but smile like an absolute fool. She loved those animals to death. They were so freaking cute when they waddled around and just... AGH, she couldn't help it. Calum laughed at his adorable excited girlfriend.

"Look at that one, Cal! It's so funny and cute!" She pointed at one of the black and white animals.

Calum remembered little Zoe from the video when she was waddling around like one of them. He smiled, recollecting her happiness when she was younger. He saw that same smile right at that moment. She looked so happy. He had never seen her like this. He looked at her and took in her features. She pushed her glasses further up her nose as she laughed at something a penguin had done or was doing.

"Come on, baby boo. Let's go get some ice cream!" Calum told her and she pouted. She didn't want to leave the penguins just yet. She loved them too much to leave them.