Chapter 11

Calum and Zoe didn't talk for the next two days and Zoe didn't go out either. She stayed at home and watched movies for two whole days. She was contemplating on staying home the third day, but when she got a call from Jenn, she changed her mind.

"Hey Zo."

Jenn's voice sounded tired. She had been in the hospital with Ashton for the past three days to keep an eye on him and to keep him company. Luke, Calum and Michael came around a lot, but she didn't mind. They actually kind of liked her. They didn't make a problem of her being with Ashton.

"Hi."

It sounded as if Zoe had been crying for the past few days and it was true. The morning after she had seen Joe, she wasn't very stable. The blade that Joe had taken from her was in the exact spot he had placed it. Which made her feel even worse. She thought she was going crazy, like, completely mental.

"How's it going?" Jenn asked worriedly.

"Oh I'm ... fine..."

"You don't sound fine." Jenn noticed.

"I'm just tired... How's Ashton doing?" She changed the subject.

"He's great, he can go home tomorrow so that's a good thing."

"Oh yeah, that's really great! Tell him I said hi." Zoe knew Jenn was smiling.

"Zoe says hi." She mumbled to Ashton who was obviously next to her.

"HI ZOE!" She heard from a distance.

Zoe smiled. It was great to hear his voice.

"Hey, would you like to grab some ice cream and get your pretty ass over here, please?" Jenn asked her best friend.

"Jenn... I don't think that's a great idea..."

"Calum won't be here, if that's what you're afraid of... And besides I think you two should talk."

Zoe sighed.

"I don't think we should... He made it pretty clear that he was annoyed and that he didn't want to talk to me."

"Zoe... please, talk to him. You were so happy. I've never seen you smile so often when you were with him. Please?"

"I'll try, okay? I'll try to call him tonight or so."

"Great! Now get your ass here with the ice cream because we're both craving!"

Zoe chuckled.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." She stated and hung up.

She grabbed her keys and bag and walked out. She took the bus and got off at the ice cream parlour, near the hospital. Zoe wondered why Jenn wouldn't get it herself since it was nearly next to where she was, but thought Jenn did it because she wanted to get Zoe out of her house.

She was just wearing a pink Marvel muscle tank with jean shorts and black Vans as she roamed the streets of Sydney. She had her earphones in and a random Arctic Monkeys song was playing as she entered the Ice Cream shop. She ordered the ice creams and continued to walk to the hospital. She still remembered what room Ashton was in, so she immediately went there.

She knocked the door and walked in, seeing Jenn cuddled up to Ashton on the small hospital bed. Zoe smiled as she saw the two, laughing about something one of them had said.

"Hey." She greeted while closing the door behind her and walking in further.

"Hi." Jenn stated and sat up straight.

Zoe handed the ice creams and sat down on the chair next to the bed.

"How are you, Ash?" She asked as they all started to eat their ice creams.