Chapter 13

Zoe stayed at Calum's house that night since her grandma would be at her house and she didn't want her to interrupt her moments with Calum. His mom and sister were home, but they didn't mind.

When Zoe and Calum got back from the cafe and tipsily stumbled inside, they got stopped by Calum's mom in the living room.

"Calum, sweetie? Is that you?"

"Yes mom." He shouted back and walked into the living room with Zoe following behind.

"Oh you brought someone?" She said while standing up from her spot on the couch. She was wearing her nightgown already, but Zoe didn't mind. She had drunk a bit, so why would she care? Plus, this was her house she could wear whatever she wanted even when there was someone visiting unexpectedly.

"Yes, mom. This is Zoe." Calum introduced and took a step aside so his mom could see his girlfriend completely.

"Oh hello, sweetie!" She took Zoe into a hug.

"It's nice to meet you, miss Hood."

"Oh, please sugar plum. Say Joy."

Zoe blushed. She wasn't used to that. She always had to say 'miss' or 'mister'. Her parents friends' were very posh and she needed to be more than polite to them. The kind of polite that gets really annoying.

"Do you want anything to drink? Water? Juice? Soda?"

Zoe wanted to answer, but Calum interrupted.

"No, mom. We actually wanted to go to sleep."

"If it's okay that I stay here?" Zoe added, not wanting to be rude.

"Of course that's okay, Zoe. that's a stupid question, dear. You're always welcome here."

Zoe felt so loved and welcomed. She liked his family. Well, his mom. But that's a first, right?

"Thank you, m-- uhh... Joy."

Joy smiled, her smile reminded Zoe's of Calum's smile, and watched as they left the living room together. They went upstairs and bumped into a young girl, only wearing a towel around her body and hair.

"Geez, Calum. You couldn't tell me you brought someone?" She shrieked as she saw Zoe.

Calum rolled his eyes. Zoe looked at the girl. She was gorgeous. That sounded very wrong since she was only wearing a towel, but still. A few strands of her hair poked from underneath the purple towel, it beautiful wet-dark-brown-ish and her eyes had the same color as Calum's: dreamy.

"I wanted to introduce you to her, but if you don't want to..." Calum trailed off. He knew his sister wanted to know who Zoe was. She always needed to know everything about every girlfriends. He didn't have much, but when he did she needed to know.

"Oh no, of course I want to know her."

Calum chuckled and brought Zoe closer to him.

"This is Zoe. Babe, this is Mali-Koa, my sister."

Zoe smiled as Mali-Koa extended her hand. She shook it gratefully.

"I would hug you, but I'm very naked." She explained with a giggle. "And you can call me Mali."

Zoe nodded and giggled.

"It's nice to meet you, Mali."

"You too, Zoe." She said before leaving into her room.

"Don't do anything wrong, guys! The walls are very thin!" She shouted from her bedroom.

Calum laughed and took Zoe with him to his bedroom, which was next to Mali's. It wasn't big, but it was enough. There were the regular things: a bed, a closet and a table which was covered in clothes and books.