Chapter 29

The day had started early for Zoe. Robin woke her up at 6am and dragged her downstairs to make breakfast. Uncle Cedric was a bit ill, so he told his son to wake Zoe up for breakfast.

Zoe yawned. She and Calum had been spending a lot of time with Robin and Cedric. They went to the zoo, an amusement park and baked cookies together. They had loads of fun and bonded. Zoe had never been this happy. Of course she didn't really remember before the accident with Elise, but she knew this was a new kind of feeling.

She made eggs and toast for the both of them, gave him some chocolate milk and made herself a cup of coffee. Both of them started eating while Robin told about the dreams he had at night. Zoe wondered how he remembered all of those.

Today was Brad's eighteenth birthday party. Uncle Nick and Aunt Riani had invited Zoe and all of her friends along with Robin and Cedric. The family would be there and some friends of Brad's. Brad even asked the boys to play some songs at the party, which they gladly accepted. The party was at their house, which was near the beach. That made it even better. Zoe loved the beach, she remembered the feeling of the sand between her toes and the smell of the salty water, the sound of the waves crashing onto the sand and the seagulls squeaking above her. She remembered how the wind would blow through her hair. It made her even more excited about the party.

After breakfast and thousands of stories about Robin's dreams, Zoe sent Robin to his room to change and decided to do that herself. For now she just threw on a random shirt and some shorts, she'd dress up for the party later.

She spent the rest of the morning watching Spongebob and Dora with Robin until Cedric woke up at 10. He felt a bit better already and told Zoe he'd go shopping with Robin for a present for Brad and some nice clothes for Robin. Zoe could do a little pampering for tonight.

She made a face-mask and did her nails. It was a corally pink, which would match her dress. She already knew what she'd wear since she went shopping with Jenn the other day.

She had just done her last toenail when her phone rang. She rolled her eyes, put the lid on the little pot of nailpolish and took her phone. Calum's picture showed up as a smile appeared on Zoe's face. She pressed answer and held the phone against her ear.

"Hello", she said chipily.

"Hi baby boo. I have a problem."

"Please don't tell me you got pregnant, 'cause I heard that story before." She replied jokingly. She thought about the phone call she had with Han the other day. Man, what a heartattack.

"How did you know?" Calum replied, pretending to be shocked. "No, honey. Really. I need to know what you're wearing tonight so I can match my outfit with yours."

"Aww, that's the cutest, yet most gay thing you have ever said."

"Hey! But seriously. Tell me. We have to look like the most fashionable couple ever."

"It's just my family, Calum. Not the queen."

"You're my queen, so your family are probably royals too, aren't they?"

"They aren't, Calum. Stop being ridicoulous. But my dress is a corally pink."

"A what?"

"Coral?" Zoe groaned and got up. "Facetime me in five minutes, no make it ten." She said and hung up, not even waiting for a response. She waddled upstairs. Yes, waddled. Her nails were still wet so she had to be careful. She got upstairs and changed into her dress. She loved the way it looked on her. The sound of her phone startled her. Calum's picture was on her screen again, but this time it was a face time call. Zoe answered and Calum's face appeared on the screen. Along with hers in the corner. Calum smiled at his girlfriend's face, she had her facemask on.