Chapter 18

Calum didn't come over the next day and Zoe was kind of relieved. He did text her though, but she never answered. Jenn had called her to ask if everything was okay. Zoe lied and said she was fine. She just needed some time to clear up her mind. She needed to figure out what she wanted.

It was 1pm when she got out of bed. She didn't want to get up and live. For now, she just wanted to sleep and never wake up. When she walked downstairs, she heard rumbling in the kitchen. She knew it was her grandma. The old lady came over last night and saw Zoe's cuts. They talked about everything and gran understood. It was the first time they got along so well. Zoe found it a bit strange. Gran never cared this much about her granddaughter. 

Zoe walked into the kitchen and greeted her grandmother. 

"Have you slept well, sweetheart?" Gran asked as she started making pancakes. 

"Yeah, fairly well, gran. Thanks." Zoe said politely and sat down at the breakfast bar. 

"Have you talked to Calum yet?" She then asked while Zoe scrolled through her Twitter feed. There didn't happen that much. Luke and Yasmine had been tweeting each other back and forth for what seemed like hours. Ashton had tweeted Jenn "@JennXKing I will get you to marry me, I'll do whatever it takes. You'll be Mrs. Irwin one day." They didn't seemed to have problems with dating someone of a 'lower label'. 

"Zoe?" Gran made her snap out of her thoughts. 

"Yeah, no. I haven't talked to him yet." She answered, remembering the question her gran had asked. 

Gran shook her head and finished the pancakes. Zoe put her phone away and started eating this delicious made brunch. 

When she was done, she helped her granny with the dishes and ended up on the couch watching TV. Her gran sat down next to her and watched whatever she was watching along. She gave a lot of comments to what the characters said or did. Zoe giggled at her cute little grandma. She wished they had been getting along forever. 

The doorbell rang and gran got up from the sofa to open, leaving Zoe in a bit of peace for a couple minutes. It didn't last long though. She heard Calum's voice ringing through the hallway. Her head snapped up from the pillow she was lying on and tried to focus on what they were saying. 

"Is she alright?" He asked. 

"Yeah, she's okay." Gran answered. 

"Can I-Can I come in?" 

"I think you can, honey. Come on in." Gran sounded. Zoe sat up straight as she saw her boyfriend and her grandma appear in the living room. That's when she noticed she was only wearing her pyjamas and her hair was a mess. Calum's gaze fell onto her wrist. She had forgotten to put on some bracelets since the bandage was gone. 

"Baby..." He mumbled and walked over to her. Gran left into the kitchen, not wanting to be a little bugger. Calum sat down next to her. Zoe looked down at her lap as he took the scarred wrist of his girlfriend. 

"Why? What happened? Why didn't you tell me?" He rambled and traced every scar with his finger. Zoe shrugged, not really wanting to explain it. Calum placed a finger on Zoe's chin and made her look up. Her eyes were dull, just like that night they met. 

"Tell me, Zoe. Please? Don't let anything out. Just tell everything... please?" He pleaded, tears starting to form in his eyes. She didn't like seeing him hurt and it was all because of her. 

"Sophia was here last night. She told me I-I shouldn't date you because you are in a lower label than I am. She--" Zoe swallowed away the tears and tried to hold herself together. "She said you were ruining my reputation. She said you were the reason why I was losing my friends." Calum rested his head in his hands and rubbed over his face before looking up again.